• Report: #111927

Complaint Review: Alltel Corp.

• Submitted: Thu, October 07, 2004
  • Updated: Tue, October 12, 2004

• Reported By:Gering Nebraska
Alltel Corp.
Building 4, Second Floor,allied Dr. Little Rock, Arkansas U.S.A.

Alltel Corp. ripoff unfair billing practices, use of SS# to stop service, no notice to account holder- public law 95-109 FTC violation Little Rock Arkansas

*UPDATE Employee: I will apologize for your phone being disconnected. giving you some insider information

Billing practices a Alltel are unbeliveable! I went to use my service and was transfered to Alltel's voice mail and requied to talk to a billing person and informed that my current monthly billing was due... I had not recived the current months' billing, it was not due till the 20th of the month, "you must pay your bill to have service", I paid, as I am in Real Estate and need this serivce for my work as most of us do...two hours later -no service-, called- same message- transferd to billing- "you owe $465.00 on a bill which your SS# appears as paying party", the only person I had done this for was daughter when she was in college- 13 months ago.

Because of her job after college she drop Alltel because of roaming charge disputed with Alltel in the Oklahoma City area....Fine, but because she was unable to agree with Alltel, she gave up and changed carriers...I was unware of this action.

If Alltel can stop my service because I was on her billing and not even give me notice of this action as most honest business would do to correct or collect the amount do.

I belive this action was in vilation of Public Law 95-109 as set under FTC ruling and regs. The use and penelty of one's SS# and threat of Credit Rating to collect, threaten without proper notice to contracted party is worth the filing of complanit. I would join others if they have had similar problems with Alltel

Dan
Gering, Nebraska

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/07/2004 12:20 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Alltel-Corp/Little-Rock-Arkansas-72202-2099/Alltel-Corp-ripoff-unfair-billing-practices-use-of-SS-to-stop-service-no-notice-to-acc-111927. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Alltel Corp.

AUTHOR: M - (U.S.A.)

While I am employee of ALLTEL I am also a paying customer of ALLTEL service and I realize how terribly frustrating it is to have service interrupted.

However, you did state that you started service for your daugter ..13 months ago. If you signed the contract for her, your SSN# is attached to that account therefore making YOU the responsible party. Even if you had the bill coming under her name and her address, the individual we ran credit on is the responsible party. I am sure attempts were made to contact you however, if changes had been made on the billing address, contacting you may been impossible. When billing changes are requested, we are required to obtain a current home phone number was well as the current work number. If there were no valid numbers in which to contact you, ALLTEL can hardly be to blame. I see it everyday where people come in and are upset because "they weren't contacted and were suspended due to non-payment" and I verify home and work numbers to find they are both incorrect. I don't know for a fact that was the case with your situation, but I do know for a fact that our financial staff spends a great deal of time calling and attempting to collect on unpaid bills. Also, everytime the automated dialer attempts a call to the numbers listed on the account, a note is populated on that account. A very handy tool when we're told "we were never notified we were going to be suspended".

I am not attempting to discredit your statements but just giving you some insider information. I can confidently say that ALLTEL has not made any violation to "public law 95-109 FTC". I do apologize for the anguish and trouble you have been put through.