Complaint Review: Alltel Corporation

• Submitted: Sun, November 07, 2004
  • Updated: Sun, November 07, 2004

• Reported By:Bonita Springs Florida
Alltel Corporation
Building 4 Second Floor, One Allied Drive Little Rock, Arkansas U.S.A.

Alltel Corporation ripoff Dishonest, apathetic employees, fraudulent billing Can you imagine a $23,000 cell phone bill? Little Rock Arkansas

*Author of original report: they would not re-rate the bill under a different plan for the months of Oct, Nov, & Dec.

Can you imagine a $23,000 cell phone bill? No exaggeration here. Here's the basic of what happened to us. Last October, we started using one of our company cell phones in Charlotte County, Florida. This county, according to the sales rep who originally sold us the phone, was included in our "Unlimited Plan". There were supposedly 3 counties we could use the phone in: Lee, Collier, Charlotte.

In November when we received our bill, we owed approximately $4500 for this particular phone due to roaming charges. Thinking some terrible billing problem was going on, I contacted a local representative in a local store. He began researching the problem. After frequent check-ups with him regarding the problem, it was not until mid-December that he was able to report to me the reason for the roaming charges..."Charlotte County not included in plan". At this time, we've already received another bill for an additional approximate $4500 for November's charges.

In retrospect, we should have terminated the cell phone immediately. But thinking logically there was some mistake and that Alltel would ultimately be able to correct it, we continued, especially because this particular number was a vital # for our numerous clients in the community.

I worked with local representative about changing the plan upon discovering the error and the potential for going back to re-rate the plan. He stated he changed the plan, but it would not take effect until our billing cycle in January because they do not prorate the bills. February came and the bill still reflected the old plan.

I made many calls to higher ups, in fact leaving one particular Regional Customer Service President messages every single day; only to never receive a return call. When I finally spoke with him, he asked what had I expected him to do! By the time it was all said and done, our company incurred approximately $23,000, of which I paid $8000 to keep the cell phone turned on. I was always thinking in my mind that Alltel would see this problem and correct it.

Boy, was I wrong. Since, the account has been turned over to a collection agency and they are threatening putting it on a credit report. Any suggestions? Reports to the FCC or BBB perhaps?

Kevin
Bonita Springs, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/07/2004 08:51 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Alltel-Corporation/Little-Rock-Arkansas-72202/Alltel-Corporation-ripoff-Dishonest-apathetic-employees-fraudulent-billing-Can-you-imagi-116621. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Alltel Corporation

AUTHOR: Kevin - (U.S.A.)

I forgot to mention that they would not re-rate the bill under a different plan for the months of Oct, Nov, & Dec. They would not even go back for the months of January and February to rerate, and for those months the representative confirmed with me he had changed us to the new plan yet failed to! Unbelievable!