Complaint Review: Alltel, Verizon Wireless

• Updated: Fri, October 30, 2009

• Reported By: Amber — Everett Washington United States of America
Alltel, Verizon Wireless
1 Allied Dr 1269-b4f03-nf Little Rock, Arkansas United States of America

Alltel, Verizon Wireless Garrion Madison The customer service people that lie Little Rock, Arkansas

I first heard that Verizon was going to be taking over Alltel about 6 months ago. I have been calling in about once a month because of this issue as well as others. Each time I talked to the representitives about Verizon taking over, I expressed my huge desire not to be apart of Verizon because my family and I have had very bad experiences with Verizon and when the time came for the merger that I would be cancelling. Every time I called in I asked them what the cancellation fee would be and they told me there would not be a fee becuase I didnt want to be a Verizon customer. Each one I talked to told me the same thing, "just wait for the letter to come in the mail telling you the date your area will be getting converted, then call in and cancel. There would be no fee to do it" I have been hearing this for the last 5 months and also requested that the notes be on my account just in case and I was assured that the notes where on there. I recieved the notice Sept. 14th at 1:00pm and I called in to cancel my plan as directed and I talked to this very rude woman who said that they would not be letting me out of my contract with out the penalty fee. I told her about the other 5 people I had talked to and what they said, and she kept saying we have no notes and you will not be released. I asked to speak with a Manager and Luis Garcia got on. I explained my situation and told him about what the other representitves told me and I asked him how is it that 5 other representitves can tell me one thing and he is telling me something else and his response was he didnt know. I am very angry about this situation as I was told repeatedly that because I do not want to be a Verizon customer, which is exactly why I signed up with them in the first place, I would not have to pay anything to cancel when the merger happened. All I am looking for is to be released from my contract at no charge when the merger happens like i was told.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/30/2009 01:58 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Alltel-Verizon-Wireless/Little-Rock-Arkansas-72202-2013/Alltel-Verizon-Wireless-Garrion-Madison-The-customer-service-people-that-lie-Little-Rock-517453. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Alltel, Verizon Wireless