Complaint Review: Alltel, Verizon Wireless

• Updated: Wed, September 16, 2009

• Reported By: Philista — Hampton Virginia USA
Alltel, Verizon Wireless
26935 Northwestern Hwy Ste 100 Southfield, Michigan United States of America

Alltel, Verizon Wireless Lack of decent customer service major rip-off. Southfield, Michigan

I had been a customer of Alltel for five years, i have never had any complaints with there service until they were acquired by Verizon. On June 9th my phone service went dead my husbands service and my mom service was dead.

Me and my husband went to the Verizon center it was packed with Alltel customers, standing around because they had no service also. We went inside and waited for someone to help us. A very rude young man came out and explained to all the Alltel customers that the celltower was hit and that there wasn't anything that they could. I asked the young man how come it's only the Alltel customers we received letters stating that we are Verizon customers now.

This young man proceeded to tell all of us we can call customer service but they would just tell us what he said. I decided to get rid of this service of course I now have received a bill totaling 669.60 for early termination fee for my three lines. They should not penalize any consumer when service is not what it should be and they decide to find better. Alltel/Verizon sucks and by the way my outstanding bill has been sent to collections. I wonder how many other consumers that didn't appreciate their customer service received these collection notices.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/16/2009 06:38 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Alltel-Verizon-Wireless/Southfield-Michigan-48033/Alltel-Verizon-Wireless-Lack-of-decent-customer-service-major-rip-off-Southfield-Mich-496027. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Alltel, Verizon Wireless