Complaint Review: Alltel Wireless

• Submitted: Wed, August 06, 2008
  • Updated: Sun, March 15, 2009

• Reported By:Bricelyn Minnesota
Alltel Wireless
Alltel Mankato, Minnesota U.S.A.

Alltel Wireless Be Carefull, Alltel's locator for 911 EMERGENCY does not work!!! Mankato Minnesota

*Consumer Suggestion: I agree

*Consumer Comment: I'm Sorry for your failed emergency team

I was involved in a one vehicle accident on the evening of July 21st 2008, I believed that with my and my wife's Alltel cell service included the locator service provided in all of there cell phone plans, and it was turned on. After rolling my suv I had to call my wife at home as the emergency 911 service from Alltel was not detected by local authorities. Both my wife and myself had to call 911 and they could not locate, I had 7 broken ribs combined and a punctured lung, when my wife called Alltel they told her to call back after 8 am for customer service even though our locators were turned on. I had to crawl back to the suv to turn the lights on for them to find me. I was air lifted to Mayo in Rochester and believe this was due to Alltel and there neglegence, if any attorneys would like to handle this please call me at 1-507-402-6821, I could have died out there!!!!!!! scares me to think about parents that buy cell phones and service for there children, like me and my wife had,there's no emergency finding them, thats the entire reason for buying and carrying a cell on you in your car. So in case of accidents or anything, don't count on Alltel. I now have over a 100k in medical bills and could have not been alive.

Farmerandpoet
Bricelyn, Minnesota

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/06/2008 12:53 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Alltel-Wireless/Mankato-Minnesota/Alltel-Wireless-Be-Carefull-Alltels-locator-for-911-EMERGENCY-does-not-work-Mankato-M-359731. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Alltel Wireless

#1 Consumer Suggestion

I agree

AUTHOR: Benn - (U.S.A.)

As a former medic there just west of Rochester, MN (Dodge Center EMS), e911 is not working everywhere. I drive semi over-the-road and numerous times had to call 911 dispatch center and tell them the location of the incident. A few times I have noticed that prior to the call being completed that the screen will say that e911 is been activated for that call that I am making. Again it all depends on the location and the 911 service area. So to blame Alltel for the county standard is foolish and there is no real attorney that will take your case with a straight face. Best to save your money and learn the facts and get well soon.

Again I wish you well and a quick recovery and say hi the folks there for me at St. Mary's/Mayo Hospital for me the next stop you stop in would you.

Thanks

I'm Sorry for your failed emergency team

AUTHOR: Blake - (U.S.A.)

First off, I am sorry to hear that you rolled your SUV. I hope I don't roll mine.

When you call anyone, it is your responsiblility to tell them where you are. Even if it is 911.

The phones on all carriers this day now have what is called e911 which stands for Enhanced 911 service.

If you call 911 from your phone, if the 911 emergency operation center in your are calling is equipped with the service, they can pin point you from the GPS Satelite with a few hundred yards. It will not and cannot give the exact location of where you are. If you are in a wooded or secluded area, that doesn't help at all.

Even if you did not have the GPS Locator turned on, once you dial 911 it turns on automatically. Not every 911 operation center has this Enhanced Technology.

The problem was not Alltel. The problem was your driving as well as your local government not being equipped properly. Who knows, maybe the e911 Satelite was not working that day?

hmm ...