Complaint Review: Alltel Wireless

• Updated: Thu, October 02, 2008

• Reported By:Howe Texas
Alltel Wireless
www.alltell.com Nationwide U.S.A.

Alltel Wireless LG phone, Alltel horrible customer service, vicious circle Howe texas

*Consumer Comment: You knuckled somebody over

*Author of original report: Boy are you wrong!!

*Consumer Comment: Set some facts straight

son turned in a phone that the display quit working on after he had it for 4 months to the local alltel office. They checked to make sure it was under warranty, which it was and requested a replacement phone. Which he received and turned in his broken phone. 4 weeks later Alltel sent my husband the broken phone stating that it had physical damage beyond normal wear and tear. That display lens was damaged. It was not. It has normal wear and tear that a college student would have on a phone. Of course we have the pictures of the phone. Alltel would not fix it, even though it is under warranty. When we called Alltel, the customer service people said that they could not help because of what the paperwork said and we would have to call the manufacturer to dispute it. We spoke with the supervisor "Todd" and he had horrible customer service skills. He stated that we would have to file with our insurance company. We tried that and they would not let us file a claim because the phone is still under warranty.

We tried to call the local office that my son took the phone to in Conway, Arkansas and could not get them to answer the phone. Alltel 800 customer service could not help, as she stated the same as above... when asked for her name and where she was from, she only would tell us the U.S.... she was definitely not from the US. She also tried to connect to the local office and could not do so, she could not even find the number, we had to give it to her. We have been customers for years and we have 5 phones. Alltel apparently does not value our business.

Beapolka
Howe, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/27/2008 01:08 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Alltel-Wireless/nationwide/Alltel-Wireless-LG-phone-Alltel-horrible-customer-service-vicious-circle-Howe-texas-376535. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Alltel Wireless

You knuckled somebody over

AUTHOR: Bikebryan - (U.S.A.)

Waahhh.

ALL manufacturers have phones that don't work good. You name a model of phone by any manufacturer and you'll find more complaints about it than good comments. Why? Because happy people don't WHINE like you are doing. They are content and quiet.

Your problem was with the company that made the phone, NOT ALLTEL. However you whined enough that a rep probably just gave you a phone to shut you up and get you out the door.

GOOD CS is not giving you whatever you want. Your phone was pronounced by the manufactuerer as NOT covered under warranty. Alltel did not decided that, the MAKER of the phone did. So, Alltel has no say in that yet you continued to press what for Alltel Was a dead issue. As you did not get what you wanted you proclaimed that BAD CS. In this you are WRONG. Good CS is treating everybody consistently and fairly, which is how your situation was treated.

I hope you are proud of how you manipulated they system and got what you did not deserve.

Boy are you wrong!!

AUTHOR: Beapolka - (U.S.A.)

If you do a search on LG phones like this, you will see many customer complaints. I expect the company that sold me the phone to champion my cause, when there are known problems such as I reported. That would be good customer service. What I got was that I would have to contact LG myself, if I disagree with there assessment. Pretty hard to argue a problem that cannot be seen or verified independently. So,yes you are correct that the problem was identified by LG, my problem is still with Alltel and their customer service. This is not the 1st time I have had problems with phones they sold me (Audiovox flip phones) and were later known to be junk. I was able to resolve this with the local rep, because she was willing to admit that the sold me junk. So maybe I just expect to much.

Set some facts straight

AUTHOR: Bikebryan - (U.S.A.)

1) Your phone was returned to you by the MANUFACTURER, not Alltel. THEY decided the use on it showed what they considred above normal wear and tear, NOT ALLTEL. So your complaint was with the manufacturer of the phone, NOT ALLTEL.

2) When told this, you stated a Supv had no cust service skills. That is because he was telling you what you did not WANT to hear, which was the truth. Sorry, but that's the honest truth here. You didn't like being confronted with the truth. Cust Svc is not giving into all demands; good Cust Svc is treating everybody fairly and consistently. You didn't get what you wanted so you decided the CS was poor. WRONG.

3) Most stores are too busy to handle call volumes. That's just a fact of life. Rather then letting those calls drop, they usually set up their phones to rollover to the main IVR system. Most things people call stores about can be handled over the phone, so this is a good compromise.