Complaint Review: Alltel

• Submitted: Tue, July 22, 2008
  • Updated: Tue, July 29, 2008

• Reported By:Flagstaff Arizona
Alltel
www.Alltel.com Flagstaff, Arizona U.S.A.

Alltel continues to abuse customers Flagstaff Arizona

*UPDATE Employee: Alltel is not a mind reader...

I had a cell phone account with Alltel that on June 13, I switched over to Verizon. I ported over both mine and my wife's numbers on that date. My number was the main number on the account. We choose not to port over my son's number and get him a new number instead. Alltel closed the two ported numbers but for my 13 year old son they kept that number active even though they closed the main number associated with the account. From the port it was obvious that I, the main account holder and payer on the account was not with their service any longer. When I called Alltel and talked to Tiffiany and Laura (78985) to ask why they had done this they both said they understood, that there was nothing I could do, and that I would have to pay the charge, even though there was no activity. I asked since there was only one account number and they closed the number associated with the primary account holder how they could justify keeping other number active and charge for those numbers. The answer was "I understand the problem". I know that I can contest the charge and not pay them and they will report me to the credit bureau services and I will have to spend valuable time to get it resolved. So this is not the best solution to the problem. Since Alltel does not want to fix their practices I think everyone that has a problem with Alltel should contact both their senators and representatives and request that Alltel be investigated for improper practices.

Finanically abused
Flagstaff, Arizona

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/22/2008 04:21 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Alltel/Flagstaff-Arizona-86004/Alltel-continues-to-abuse-customers-Flagstaff-Arizona-354370. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Alltel

Alltel is not a mind reader...

AUTHOR: Getagrip - (U.S.A.)

I don't think you fully understand how cellular contracts work. Each line has it's own contract and is considered separate from the other lines on the account. The account number is just a way of combining several lines for billing purposes. A number port automatically cancels that line, however, if you do not port a number YOU the customer needs to contact Alltel and cancel that line. Just because you had three lines and decided to port two of them, Alltel cannot read your mind and know that you want the third one cancelled as well.

It does not matter if the line was for you, your mother, your son, or your dog, Scruffy, Alltel will not disconnect an active line without your express permission to do so. Imagine how upset you'd be if you had intended to keep that number and Alltel just assumed you wanted it cancelled and disconnected it. Then you'd be writing to the government that they were cancelling lines you needed, and you were stuck sitting on the side of the road with a flat tire and no cell phone. It's your responsibility to let call in and cancel the line you didn't port.