Complaint Review: Alltel

• Submitted: Thu, October 11, 2007
  • Updated: Thu, October 11, 2007

• Reported By:Foley Alabama
669 S. McKenzie St. Ste 106 Foley, Alabama U.S.A.

Alltel Watermark Ripoff Foley Alabama

It all started December 2006, I decided to ask my husband to get me a blackberry phone since I'm a stay @ home mom with a ridiculous amount of appointments for me, my husband, our daughter, 2 cats, 1 dog & a bird. Anyway, I was so excited the day I went and got the Blackberry 8703e. The first 4 months were fine until my phone crashed. I'm a computer nerd so I obviously know the difference between a total computer failure & "water damage". This is what my phone would do- red indicator light for about a minute, it would go off, then the keypad would light up, while it was lite up the screen would come on with an hourglass for about a minute and the whole process would start over and not stop- unless the battery died, of course. I took my phone to Alltel to see if there was a way to reboot it. The guy, Sean, behind the desk took the back cover off and said "water damage". It's not like I dropped in a puddle or something, it stays in it's cute little case all the time. Well, I said 'whatever' and paid the $90 insurance deductible and went on my way. 6 months later it starts doing the same process when it crashed the first time. I take it to Alltel the next day and am very irrate at this point. (If I pay $400 for a phone it better last a while) The lady, Janet, who I bought the original phone from is there so I automatically go talk to her. She pulls the back cover off and says "water damage". I'm like 'how can you tell' she shows me this little white square right under my battery under the cover, it was red by then. I'm like 'are you serious' and end up paying the $90 insurance deductible AGAIN! The next day I take my battery cover off and it is already started to turn pink. Keep in mind that I live in Southern Alabama so the heat and humidity is ridiculous, on top of the fact that normal condensation is going to occur between the phone and battery cover obviously. This is a total ripoff because I have now spent $600 on a $400 phone that should last longer than 4 to 6 months at a time. Now I'm just waiting for that time frame to go by before I have to take this one in and spend another $90 to get yet another blackberry when I know it is a total computer crash rather than "water damage". I think they should give me a brand new phone of equal or lesser value for free after all the inconvience that this has caused me. Not to mention everytime that it has happened I loose all my information including all my numbers and appointments that are scheduled months ahead of time.

Foley, Alabama

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/11/2007 06:50 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Alltel/Foley-Alabama-36535/Alltel-Watermark-Ripoff-Foley-Alabama-278511. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Alltel