Complaint Review: Alltel

• Submitted: Tue, August 13, 2002
  • Updated: Tue, August 13, 2002

• Reported By:Gainesville FL
Alltel
One Allied Drive Building 4 Little Rock AR 72202 Gainesville, Florida U.S.A.

Alltel addition fees ripoff Gainesville Florida

On June 28, I paid my Alltell bill electronically through my bank. On July 9 the money was returned to the bank. I called the bank, the bank call Alltell. Alltell refused to talk to them saying "you are not the customer". The bank assured me that Alltel returned the money to them. They were unable to find out why.

I call Alltell on July 9. They could not tell me why the money was returned. Thought it might be because of their billing address change. Suggested I pay through their phone system. I did.

Next statement from Alltel - everything appears to be fine. Paid the bill. On July 30, cancelled the account, no mention was made of any problem. Alltel said they would send final statement.

On August 12, received a letter stating they were preparing to turn me to over to a collection agency. Called Alltel again -- My account was no longer in the system. They switched me to four different people. They said they were charging me the original amount plus $25.00 because the money was returned for insufficient funds. I explained that this was not true and told them the bank had tried to talk to them. They said it must be or they wouldn't have added the fee. I asked who I could talk to. They don't know. I asked who I could have the bank call - They didnt' know. Refused to answer any further questions. While waiting on hold for the fifth person, I hung up.

I know its only $25.00. But I don't owe it and I don't want to pay for their mistake. What do I do now?

Donna
Gainesville, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/13/2002 06:09 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Alltel/Gainesville-Florida-32607/Alltel-addition-fees-ripoff-Gainesville-Florida-26786. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Alltel