offices

• Submitted: Wed, June 03, 2009
  • Updated: Thu, June 04, 2009

• Reported By:Hamilton Montana
Alltel
Building 4, Third Floor, One Allied Drive Little Rock, Arkansas U.S.A.

Alltel Continuous Escalating billing on a deactivated service I cancelled due to unemployment. Little Rock Arkansas

*Consumer Comment: Story has holes in it

My husband has been unemployed since January, I am temporarily unemployed. We both were recently hospitalized, so we are strapped fiancially with medical bills, on top of normal basic living expenses.
I called Alltel customer service early May to tell them that we could not pay for our service and to cancel our service. The lady on the phone said they would cancel our service.
Within a few days, we had no cell service, yet we are being billed consecutively each month, even though we are not under contract with them. Our contract with them expired in February and we can freely chose another cell service.
I called Alltel to complain about the continuous billing. She said the person I talked to should have explained how it works. According to them, they can continue to bill us, even though I requested to cancel and we cannot pay the bill.
We are trying to work with our creditors regarding our situation. Alltel did give us a $200 credit in February. We appreciated that very much. Now they won't work with us under such trying financial circumstances.

Bhonest
Hamilton, Montana

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/03/2009 02:59 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Alltel/Little-Rock-Arkansas-72202-2099/Alltel-Continuous-Escalating-billing-on-a-deactivated-service-I-cancelled-due-to-unemploym-458233. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Alltel

Story has holes in it

AUTHOR: Bikebryan - (U.S.A.)

So you called in May to cancel your service. Did you ever pay the bill you received PRIOR to cancelling? If not, then it is still out there unpaid, and you will continue to get bills.

How are you billed? In arrears or in advance? If in advance, and you are disconnected but still charged, then it is a simple matter of contacting CS to have it resolved. If you contacted them AFTER your previous cycle closed but before that bill came out, then yes, you will get another bill for another full month. That would be correct.

So, if you JUST cancelled in May, how can you complain about being billed consecutively for MONTHS? It has barely been ONE month, and possible maybe just a couple of weeks.

There are too many holes in your story to make it totally believable.