Complaint Review: Alltel

• Submitted: Mon, March 16, 2009
  • Updated: Sat, May 02, 2009

• Reported By:Lakewood Ohio
Alltel
Building 4, Third Floor, One Allied Drive Little Rock, Arkansas U.S.A.

Alltel Unwarranted threat to discontinue my service on an account paid up to date Little Rock Arkansas

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: I have a little insight into your issue

*Consumer Comment: Dork

*Consumer Suggestion: Um .. think about it ..

On 3-15-09, when I was on Day 3 of a three-day workshop with 5 hours to go, Alltel sent me a text messgae stating that they would my disconnect my cellphone service March 18. My account is current. My mother died on January 12, 2009. I was on the phone with the funeral home, family and businesses nonstop. The last thing on my mind was cellphone-minute usage, and I went over my mintues during one billing cycle. My bill was three times what it should have been, but I paid it in a timely fashion after Alltel refused to cut me some slack under the circumstances. They stated in their policy that when a customer goes over his minutes, they recommend upgrading, not just threatening to disconnect for no reason. This is after they cancelled my insurance coverage on the phone when I upgraded and I had to go three months with no coverage after I had to reapply.

It'sOn
Lakewood, Ohio

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/16/2009 02:04 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Alltel/Little-Rock-Arkansas-72202/Alltel-Unwarranted-threat-to-discontinue-my-service-on-an-account-paid-up-to-date-Little-R-434793. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Alltel

#1 UPDATE EX-employee responds

I have a little insight into your issue

AUTHOR: Nikkiflash - (U.S.A.)

The department that contacted you is called Daily Rating. Their job is to assess accounts that are far over their allotted minutes. The reason that they called and asked for either a payment or disconnect you if a payment is not made, is that new accounts have a high rate of unpaid balances when the customer receives a bill with a lot of overages. It is purely a business decision to ensure payment by the customer and also to put the customer on the correct plan for their usage.

Many times new customers have no idea how many minutes they will end up using and just choose the cheapest plan. This, however, does not work for the majority. Most of the time they are very willing to increase your minutes and backdate the plan to ensure that you don't get a crazy $500 bill. The good thing is that Alltel does NOT put that plan in a contract. If that was just one crazy month of usage due to a personal problem, the next month you could always lower it back down to what you had before.

I worked for Alltel for 3 years. In my opinion, they are the most fair in billing practices. They give you many opportunities to resolve issues, they don't unfairly extend contracts (only if you get a new phone, and you can't say that about many other cellular companies)

When they call you like that, take their advice. That is what they are trained to do to help you.

Dork

AUTHOR: Seanjohnelk - (U.S.A.)

I agree with the person who replied Before me. Stop blaming the company for you not paying Your bill. its your fault get over it

#3 Consumer Suggestion

Um .. think about it ..

AUTHOR: Blake - (U.S.A.)

You had personal issues that happen in your life .. the first thing you grab to help you with the personal problems is your Cellular phone!

Think about this ..

Cellular Phones works on Airtime Minutes .. You are charged per minute for useage of the phone ..

I understand that you have to make reservations and cover the loose ends for personal matters ..

If you are going to drive someplace to take care of matters, you check your fuel in the vehicle to make sure you have enough to get there ..

Common Sense should also tell people that when they pick up the Cell Phone to take care of these personal matters, they also think of the plan they are on.

Stop using the excuse .. My Mother Died So The Last Thing Was My Plan So I Wentg Over My Minutes and They Would Not Help ...

Think about this .. if you were to call customer service right away, they will most likely help you before you have the high charges and such ..

another think to think about .. if you need to drive som where to take care of your personal matters and you have a Shell gas card, it is not like that Shell is going to put gas in your car for free or give you a break in the price ..

I know that is Apple to Oranges but if people were to stop and think, America would be a better place.

TAKE RESPONSIBILITIES FOR YOUR OWN ACTIONS!!

Wake Up!