Complaint Review: Alltel

• Submitted: Thu, January 26, 2006
  • Updated: Thu, January 26, 2006

• Reported By:Moore Oklahoma
Alltel
P.O. Box 8004 Little Rock, Arkansas U.S.A.

Alltel ripoff Little Rock Arkansas

I am one of the individuals that had to switch over from AT&T to Alltel. I had been with AT&T for 4 years and very happy with there service.

We had 14 days to switch to someone else if we did not like Alltel service, well withing the 14 days was fine, no trouble with the phones or the service. But then around the 20th day, we started having a problem with our phones receiving text messages ten at a time or more, one day one of our phones received the same text message all day long.

So I call and they tell me to power my phone off then on. I did that, then I get my bill and it was over 200.00 dollars. I freaked out, I was charged for overages on my text messages. I had asked them for a detailed account on this and they dont give that service. How then do they know that you go over your text messages?

Ok so I up my text messages cause they said that maybe that would be a good idea. O.k. I up my texts. The next bill I get they are trying to tell me I owe for overages again, there again they cannot prove that I am going over my text messages. Still having a problem with the phones, having to send text messages over and over again.
I take my phones down to the reps. to have them try and fix the problem and so they take the phone in the back and comes back out with it and hands it over to me. Phone is not fixed. I call Alltel again, they suggest I take it down there and have them hook it up to there machine and fix the problem. Did that, Phone is still not fixed.

Got my last bill and they are trying to charge me $484.69 they are billing me for 2 months plus on our third line we have unlimited text and they are trying to charge overages on texts on that phone. They cannot give me a detailed account on the text messages on any of the lines.

I get a bill that says that the second line has no overages but they are billing me for them.
I port my phones and go somewhere else at this point and now they are trying to tell me that I owe them over $1000.00 dollars. They are trying to bill me for overages on texts in this month of Jan. and I went with someone else middle of this month. They are trying to charge me for the full month.

If anyone out there is in a lawsuit with alltel. Please let me know or keep me informed, I would like the chance to participate in this one.
Very Frustrated:

Tammy
Moore, Oklahoma

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/26/2006 01:46 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Alltel/Little-Rock-Arkansas-72203-8004/Alltel-ripoff-Little-Rock-Arkansas-173404. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Alltel