Complaint Review: Alltel

• Submitted: Thu, April 12, 2007
  • Updated: Thu, April 12, 2007

• Reported By:llano Texas
PO Box 8004 Little Rock, Arkansas U.S.A.

Alltel ripoff Little Rock Arkansas

I know this is petty - but it is truly agravating. I live in the Hill Country of Texas, but work in Austin. So, naturally I have a cell service (Alltel) that works in both areas. For the last 3 months, I have been charged for one roaming call per month. The charge is only $1.98, but if it is not an honest charge, I don't want to pay it. January and February, all I did was call Alltel, and they removed the charge. Now, I called for the March bill and was informed that they would not remove it. I explained that in the past this had not been a problem. I work in Austin and make about 400 calls a month from the same place. Why would only one call be considered roaming??? Well I got the run around about the towers, Garbage, like I said out of about 400 calls per month, I get charged for one roaming.
I have been with Alltel for over 5 years, I pay my bill the day it comes in and this is the second major problem I have had with them. The first time, they fixed the $500 problem without any hassels.

I called to cancel my account, and they told me that "someone" extended my contract until 09/08. Yes, I have two lines, but I am the only one authorized to change/purchase on this account. When I asked what was bought, and how my account was extended, I was told I had to go to a retail store, that they could not tell me over the phone.

Well, I am fed up. I will get different cell service, and cut the Alltel down to the lowest amount per month possible. I just don't buy the garbage about the towers, and how could one call out of 400 be my fault for not watching the roaming indicator? I have been told that my phone must not be working properly, I should go have it checked. Again, one call out of 400????? Don't really think it is my phone either. Thanks for letting me vent. Just don't do business with Alltel if you can help it.

Llano, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/12/2007 03:46 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Alltel/Little-Rock-Arkansas-72203/Alltel-ripoff-Little-Rock-Arkansas-243718. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Alltel