Complaint Review: Alltel

• Submitted: Fri, May 15, 2009
  • Updated: Fri, May 15, 2009

• Reported By:Troup Texas
Alltel
1 Allied Dr. Little Rock, Arkansas 72202 Troup, Texas U.S.A.

Alltel Rip off - Alltel will not refund money accidentally put on a deactivated phone. This was in October, 2008 and today is May 15, 2009. I have been given the runaround NUMEROUS times. Don't use Alltel phone service Tyler/Troup Texas

On October 18, 2008 I added money to my prepaid account 903-646-6352. It had been some time since I had added minutes, and I did NOT realize that the number had been deactivated. Each time, the transaction was taken but no confirmation number was given...after trying three times, I gave up.

There were three charges of $32.48 charged to my debit card. I called and two of those charges were refunded to my account. The third charge has never been refunded and this was 7 months ago. I have called many times since then to get this one charge refunded. I either was connected with someone who just gave me the runaround or it was a person that could not speak good English.

I just called the 800 number listed on your web site for prepaid service questions and talked to a representative named Fran. She explained to me that I would have to contact my bank and they would work with Alltel to get this matter settled. I talked to my bank and because of the time that has lapsed, it is undisputable. Had I been told this information initially, this issue would have been resolved a long time ago.

I am most upset. I was a prepaid Alltel customer for many years, I am on disability, I have just beared the expenses of moving from Houston, TX to Troup, TX. I was forced to leave Houston, TX due to a very abusive relationship. Since I am on disability income, $32.48 is a lot of money to me. It may not be to another person, but to me that means medicine and food.

I want this issue settled immediately and the refund mailed to me, or a credit to my bank account.

Please give this your urgent attention.

Sincerely,
Debbie G. S
Troup, TX 75789
debbie(((REDACTED FOR SECURITY PURPOSES)))

Submitted on line 5-15-09
Recession-proof vacation ideas. Find free things to do in the U.S.

Debbie S
Troup, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/15/2009 03:02 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Alltel/Troup-Texas-75789/Alltel-Rip-off-Alltel-will-not-refund-money-accidentally-put-on-a-deactivated-phone-Th-452299. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Alltel