Complaint Review: Alltel

• Submitted: Thu, November 06, 2008
  • Updated: Mon, March 02, 2009

• Reported By:Venice Florida
Alltel
4288 South Tamiami Trail Venice, Florida U.S.A.

Alltel Wireless Voice Mail Not Working For 2 Months-They Admit Problem-Won't Help Venice Florida

*Consumer Comment: More Common Sense

*Consumer Comment: And to Lisa...wwaahh as well

*Consumer Comment: The Nerve

*Consumer Comment: WWAAHH!!!

I have had Alltel service for close to 18 years and for the past 2-3 months I have had troubles with my voice mail coming through. People leave messages and I don't get them until 2-4 days later, causing me to miss important messages. I went to Alltel and was told that they have problems with a cell phone tower. I requested to drop my service level to allow me to afford a landline phone and was told that the only way I could do this was to pay this month's and next month's bill. I cannot afford to drop the terrible service and I plan to drop them entirely at the end of my contract or before if I can find a way to cancel.

Solocat
Venice, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/06/2008 05:11 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Alltel/Venice-Florida-34293/Alltel-Wireless-Voice-Mail-Not-Working-For-2-Months-They-Admit-Problem-Wont-Help-Venice-F-388476. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Alltel

More Common Sense

AUTHOR: Blake - (U.S.A.)

If you knew there was a problem of the notifying you that there is Vmail, then use COMMON SENSE.

If I missed a call from someone, I call them back.

If I missed a call from someone, I wait about 5 minutes and then check my voice mail.

How hard is that?

And to Lisa...wwaahh as well

AUTHOR: Bikebryan - (U.S.A.)

You know what? NO technology is perfect. Cell tech is based on radio waves which are susceptible to interruption in even minor circumstances. If you know there is a problem, have reported it and there is no fix, then you find a phone that will let you check the VM...free. Or you call it from your OWN phone once or twice a day.

No, Alltel does not pay me. I just love listening to all these people asking for, 99% of the time, they do not deserve.

The Nerve

AUTHOR: Lisa - (U.S.A.)

Bikebryan, Solocat has alot of nerve to expect services they pay for. You seem to think that no one should have any legit complaints with Alltel. Like Solocat stated he/she didn't have a landline phone and that should matter anyway they should be able to check their vm messages like everone else. Seems to me if Alltel didn't have such a problem they wouldn't have to pay you to justify their B.S.

WWAAHH!!!

AUTHOR: Bikebryan - (U.S.A.)

OK, so you know there was a problem with VM in your area and they knew it but were unable to correct it (which can and does happen). And yet you waited 2 to 4 days to get a message? You can check your VM at ANY TIME, and if done from a landline phone it's free and doesn't even cost you any airtime. So there was absoutely no reason for you to miss ANY messages. You are just wanting something to complain about to justify your wanting to close you account