Complaint Review: Alltel

• Submitted: Fri, March 20, 2009
  • Updated: Fri, March 20, 2009

• Reported By:Stem North Carolina
Alltel
http://www.alltel.com/wps/portal/AlltelPublic/!ut/p/c1/04_SB8K8xLLM9MSSzPy8xBz9CP0os3hnP2-DoCBDAwN_H Nationwide U.S.A.

Alltel Unauthorized Charges On My Account 3 Times Charged mine and my husbands credit card 3 times in the past 4 months for who know what?! Nationwide

*Consumer Comment: It's simple really

We pay 39.99 monthly on the 18th for service with them. In January, a charge appeared on our statement for 75.00 that was not authorized by us. This unauthorized charge appeared at the beginning of the month and was not credited to our phone. We called, the person stated "tell me who used your credit card" and would not help any further. No one used our card. They had the card number from us paying our bill. We cancelled my husbands card(which was the one they used) contacted the bank with a fraud complaint and were credited back the money they took. At the beginning of March, they hit my card twice in 2 days. I cancelled my card and decided to go through alltel's investigation system as they suggested and stated that the investigation would be complete in 3-5 days. They requested I fax them a copy of my bank statement. I went to an alltel store, waited 45 minutes just to have someone to fax it. Waited another week and heard nothing. Called them back, they again asked "who used your card". No one but alltel is making these unauthorized charges. They will never get another credit card number from me. How is it possible that a company can make unauthorized charges on peoples credit cards and nothing be done about it? So today, I head back to the bank to make another fraud complaint on alltel so I can get my 120.00 back in my account. Then I am going to file a complaint with the attorney general about alltel. This has to be stopped somehow.

Amy
Stem, North Carolina

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/20/2009 07:02 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Alltel/nationwide/Alltel-Unauthorized-Charges-On-My-Account-3-Times-Charged-mine-and-my-husbands-credit-car-435859. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Alltel

Are you ready for this revelation: IT'S NOT ALLTEL CHARGING YOUR CARD.

Alltel will only charge you card or bank account one of three ways: A call is made to the IVR, or authenticated as the acct or card holder, to make a payment on the account (and a person doesn't even have to talk to an Alltel Rep to do this), you have autopay set to draft, or you have requested a post dated payment.

Other than that, ALLTEL did not do these charges. The correct, and LEGAL process for you to follow, is exactly what you are doing: Contacting your financial institution regarding fraudulent charges and let them work the issue for you.