Complaint Review: Alltel

• Reported By:Bainbridge Georgia
Alltel
alltel.com Nationwide U.S.A.

Alltel ripoff Nationwide

My delima with Alltel started back in January 2005. I received several bills with calls (minutes) charged to our phones. We had 3. The number of the phone to which calls were being charged to my husbands phone was not a working number. I tried to call customer service at Alltel and was treated very rudely. I even had one of the customer service rep's to tell me to go home and question my husband as to whom he was calling!! There were 28 calls on one bill to a number the phone company(BellSouth) said did not exist. Also they were charging the minutes my son and I talked to each other to both my phone and my son's phone. When I brought this up I was told that there had been a mistake made. How many people do they rip off? There are alot of people that just pay the bill and don't even look at it. I tried for two months to get this straightened out with Alltel and evened emailed them with complaints and kept getting told that I owed the bill. In anger I told one of the rep's I was going to have my phones cut off if they did not do something about this bill and the next thing I know we have no phone service. They are trying to get me to pay for 3 phone disconnection fees $600.00 plus $200.00plus other charges. I have even been told by them and the collection agengy Nationwide Credit that if I would pay the $600.00 they would drop the matter. Well I would not pay the money and sent a letter to Nationwide credit about the Fair Credit Reporting Act and Fair Debt Reporting Act and The Fair Debt Collections Act and have heard nothing else from them. Now today 12/17/2005 another company LDG Financial started calling.

Tommie
Bainbridge, Georgia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/17/2005 08:17 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Alltel/nationwide/Alltel-ripoff-Nationwide-168269. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Alltel