Complaint Review: Alltell

• Submitted: Tue, December 02, 2008
  • Updated: Tue, December 02, 2008

• Reported By:Akron Ohio
Alltell
400 Howe Ahe Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio U.S.A.

Alltell ,Alltel is a fraud Cuyahoga Falls Ohio

*Consumer Comment: A good complaint sorry to hear this

I have been a customer with alltell since 2000. I had 2 lines. In 2002 I closed one line and kept the other. In 2006 I added a second line and in Dec of 2007 I had a baby. Money has been a little tight. In Sept of 2008 the contracr was up on the second line. So I called Alltell and canceled that line and changed my plan to have the line I still have cheaper. I thought that making my bill lower would help me. Well it did not.

I was billed $98.00 for my 2 Lines In Oct. I was paying a month behind. Also in Oct I was billed for Oct and Nov of my new plan. When I asked why I was told " Alltel has changed their billing, we now bill a month in advance not a month behind" That made my bill almost $300.00. I knoe that could not pay that all at once. So i started paying $50.00 when I got paid every two weeks. Lets do the math. That adds up to be $100.00 a month. One week I paid extra. I have paid a total of $280.00 since Oct 6th.

On top of all of this I have had to call them 6 time because they keep double charging me for text messages and they keep telling me I'm going over my text messaging. I have free text to any one in my circle also I have 400 text on top of that. There is no way I'm going over them. I just paid $50.00 on my account yesterday. I was told today that that pyment was not enough. If I do not pay the remaining $72.00 by friday Alltel is going to shut my phone off. This is horrible I have been trying to pay my bill. I did not ask them to double bill me.

Frustrated in ohio
Akron, Ohio

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/02/2008 12:11 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Alltell/Cuyahoga-Falls-Ohio-44221/Alltell-Alltel-is-a-fraud-Cuyahoga-Falls-Ohio-397002. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Alltell

A good complaint sorry to hear this

AUTHOR: Bikebryan - (U.S.A.)

Normally I have to correct people on their misconceptions in their compaints, with the "I thoughts..." or the "It was my understanding that..." statements where they just though or understood wrong.

Understand that across most of the cellular industry (and many other industries) billing in advance in the most common method of billing. Over 99% of Alltel customers are billed in advance. This creates a conundrum in accounting and cash flow management, so the older bill-in-arrear clients are slowly being converted to bill in advance. The most common trigger for this - and you experienced it - a rate plan change. It is regrettable that you were not told it would happen, I agree, but if you check your terms and conditions that you agreed to abide by the company does have the right to do this. In the long run it makes the company more efficient, thus cutting overhead costs, thus reducing the need to raise rates...the list goes on. Try your best to continue making arrangements and hang in there.

Oh, and if you call in to try and make arrangements, use common sense. I once talked to somebody who stated they just didn't have ANY money at all to pay their cell bill. Meanwhile I could hear them counting out over $300 in cash to a cashier while Christmas shopping. Needless to say they didn't get much sympathy from me.
Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC