Complaint Review: Allurez Diamonds and Fine Jewelry

• Updated: Fri, February 01, 2013

• Reported By: No_rip_offs — Arizona United States of America
Allurez Diamonds and Fine Jewelry
36 W 47th St New York, New York United States of America

Allurez Diamonds and Fine Jewelry Allurez advertises merchandise it doesn't have in stock New York, New York

*Consumer Comment: Yea, responsible service is such a bad thing......

*Consumer Comment: 100% Satisfied!

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: 100% Satisfied!

*Consumer Comment: Buy from Allurez!

Thinking about ordering a piece of jewelry from Allurez online? I wish you the best of luck, but consider this a gentle warning about doing business with them. Caveat emptor.

To be fair to the company, Ive seen a number of positive reviews about it. Perhaps their fake or paid reviews--I dont know. I can just report on my experience with them. Below is an account of my experience with Allurez.

In hopes of having the piece delivered by Christmas, I ordered the piece of jewelry on Dec 17, 2012. The Allurez website was both quick and easy to use. Its funny though, I first found the piece of jewelry that I picked out on eBay. I would have ordered it on eBay; however, I decided to poke around on the companys website before buying it on eBay. I am glad I did. The price on eBay was notably higher.

Because I wanted the item shipped to a different address than to my billing address--which, by the way, online shoppers request tens of thousands of times a day--I had to call my credit card company and place the delivery address (my work address) on my account as an official address that can be delivered to. Ive had credit cards for over twenty years, and Id never heard of such a policy. However, Ive never ordered jewelry online, so maybe all online jewelers require this step.

After a couple of calls to get the credit card settled, I received an email indicating my order was in process. I thought I was all set. However, four days after I placed the order, Customer Service Rep Kelly called with an update. She started the conversation with, Well, Ill start by saying were not happy about this on our end. She then informed me the jewelry that I picked out was out of stock, even though neither eBay nor their website indicated it was. Furthermore, it would be four weeks before it would be shipped. Before being able to give a reaction, Kelly informed me that shed spoken to her manager about the issue. The Allurez manager attempted to make the situation right by allowing me the opportunity to pick something else that was in stock. They tried offering me jewelry that was similar to what I picked out. I declined. I wanted the piece Id ordered.

As an aside, I found it humorous the manager asked me to pick out something else that was IN STOCK. Based on what their website and eBay auctions indicated, the original piece of jewelry I picked out was IN STOCK. With Allurez not truthfully telling customers what jewelry was in and out of stock, how would I know the substitute piece of jewelry wasnt also out of stock?

After weighing my limited options, I decided to wait for the piece to come in. I was informed by Kelly that the item would ship mid-January. However, not having heard anything from them in a few weeks, I emailed the company on January 11. On January 14 I received a reply from another customer service rep, Korine. She emailed me the following reply, Unfortunately, your package was lost. We can ship you a new one which will take about 4 weeks or we can ship you a similar one in stock which is more expensive but we will offer it to you for the same price.  Attached is a picture of the similar cross in white gold which is the 0.25 ctw.

I called customer service to see what the heck happened, and I reached Kelly. She informed me that there was a a mix up with UPS and theyre trying to find the box. Assuming they couldnt, Kelly told me it would be another month before they could get the jewelry to me, but theyd offer a $50 gift certificate. Its staggering to me that you could lose a $500 piece of jewelry, I joked. In turn, Kelly responded, Weve had issues like this before--sometimes things get lost.

Having no other options than to take another piece of jewelry or wait until February for a gift Id ordered before Christmas, I cancelled the order.

If you decide to order from Allurez, I hope you have better luck than I did. The customer service reps were friendly, but youll want to weigh if its worth it to do business with a jewelry company that doesnt accurately inform customers whats in stock, and one that frequently loses shipments.

As a last note, I visited the Allurez website and eBay auctions on Dec 21 and 28, and January 14, just to see if the piece of jewelry I tried to order was still listed as in stock. It was. Apparently, Allurez doesnt see an issue with telling customers items are in stock when they arent. Upon canceling my order with Kelly, I asked her to do me one favor: I asked the company remove the eBay listing as well as indicate on the website that the jewelry was out-of-stock, so other customers wouldnt get burned. She politely resounded shell pass my request along. I checked the eBay auction several days after speaking with Kelly--the eBay auction still indicates there are two available, and their website doesn't indicate the item is out of stock.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/27/2013 11:17 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Allurez-Diamonds-and-Fine-Jewelry/New-York-New-York-10036/Allurez-Diamonds-and-Fine-Jewelry-Allurez-advertises-merchandise-it-doesnt-have-in-stock-1004289. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Allurez Diamonds and Fine Jewelry

Yea, responsible service is such a bad thing......

AUTHOR: Screenname - ()

I really hope this original "complaint" was filed ironically. First, really, he is complaining that a company makes his shipping address match with his credit card. This means he is against companies preventing his card from being used to commit fraud, ruin his credit rating, and cost him money. I can see why this step aggravates him and he much prefers companies to just run his card and be done with it; the fact that most everyone just skips any due diligence should of course be admired as his time is too valuable to waste.

Second, they had the audacity to run out of an item. It is unimaginable that a company with worldwide online ordering can't keep everything in stock all the time. Just because if even 1% of the daily eBay browsers order from them they would sell 100,000 items on that site alone, then.... well... ummm, I guess they should just keep 100,001 of those items as dead stock just in case *I* want one too.

Then they dare think having attentive customer service representatives who find, identify the problem, and admit responsibility for it is going to make up for my momentary inconvenience.....the nerve!  Then they compound that indignity by offering me $50 and trying to find a suitable replacement piece... Ok, I'm just speechless with rage now.  To top it all off they refuse to make the effort to remove the item from their inventory from each and every site they sell it on - 'cause obviously if I refuse to wait for it or pick a substitute no one else anywhere would want to do so either (and really, who cares if they go to all that effort just to have to re-list it when it is back in stock - duh, why would anyone not want to keep their entire inventory updated continuously in real time... how hard could it be after all?!); the customer is always right..., right?

i am soooo glad the perfidy of this attentive, security conscious, over-achieving company has been exposed!!  I'm going to show them right now what I think of them by buying a really nice watch there since that are adding insult to injury by bringing the manufacturing of this item back to the USA.

100% Satisfied!

AUTHOR: Peter - ()

I have been buying from the company for years and have always been satisfied. I have bought many items and received each one within just 2 days. I have refereed many family and friends to them and they have all been satisfied. I saw their reviews on http://www.ivouch.com/allurez-com and saw that their customers are very satisfied and so i decided to buy, and now i am one of the many satisfied customers. Also looked at http://www.weddingwire.com/reviews/allurez/d3829b8489c87fe0.html

#3 REBUTTAL Owner of company

100% Satisfied!

AUTHOR: Peter - ()

I have been buying from the company for years and have always been satisfied. I have bought many items and received each one within just 2 days. I have refereed many family and friends to them and they have all been satisfied. I saw their reviews on <http://www.ivouch.com/allurez-com> and saw that their customers are very satisfied and so i decided to buy, and now i am one of the many satisfied customers. Also looked at <http://www.weddingwire.com/reviews/allurez/d3829b8489c87fe0.html>

Buy from Allurez!

AUTHOR: smartshopper - (United States of America)

I am a big fan of jewelry from this company and have bought from them many times over the years. I have been satisifed everytime. Keep in mind that any company can sell out of a particular style and this does not make it a ripoff. No company has unlimited supply of a product. Buy from this jewelry company as you will be 100% satisfied each time!