Complaint Review: Allwright Moving Systems

• Submitted: Mon, May 03, 2004
  • Updated: Wed, February 20, 2013

• Reported By:Milwaukee Wisconsin
Allwright Moving Systems
2933-105th Street Sturtevant, Wisconsin U.S.A.

Allright Movers - Allright Moving Systems dropped a fragile item that was NOT EVEN WRAPPED and only paid $15 for the item that costs $200 ripoff Sturtevant Wisconsin

*UPDATE Employee: .30 cents per pound per Item

AllWright movers showed up an hour late, first of all, and made me sign a contract insuring my items at $.30 per lb or they would not move it.
Allwright movers did not wrap a heavy glass shell for my lamp. The mover lifted it off the bottom of the truck, and it dropped from his hands, breaking in three big pieces.

The mover said "sir, I'm so very sorry. This is totally my fault. It should have been wrapped. Please call my sister, Rebecca, at the moving company. This is totally fault. She'll help you get your money back. She'll take care of you."

I spoke to Rebecca, who asked that I not try to fix the item. She asked that I provide a receipt for the item, which I did. The item costed $200. Over a month later, she sends me a check for $15.00!!

I can understand if the item was insulated/wrapped and broke during the transport of furniture from one place to another, however, this item was not wrapped. The guy was talking to me, I was looking at him as he picked the glass item off the back of the truck, and he dropped it! Can I repeat, this item was not insulated/wrapped at all.

I have since spoken to Rebecca who reminded me of what I signed. I want to let people know that if they use Allwright movers, not to expect them to wrap all fragile items, thus you are at risk of your items being destroyed, and getting only 30 cents on the pound.

A
Milwaukee, Wisconsin

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/03/2004 06:26 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Allwright-Moving-Systems/Sturtevant-Wisconsin-53212/Allright-Movers-Allright-Moving-Systems-dropped-a-fragile-item-that-was-NOT-EVEN-WRAPPED-90027. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Allwright Moving Systems

.30 cents per pound per Item

AUTHOR: Allwright Moving - (United States of America)

It is a big surprise to see our company name on here, I often tell out potential customers to go to this web site to be certain with whom they book with. I tried looking up this claim up from 2003 and since its nearly 10 years ago, I only found one that looked similar, the customer denied insurance and took are .30 cents per pound per item, also denied paying to have this packed. Unfortunately with any professional moving company you are given an option to go with the basic coverage insurance which is explained in detail at signing of the contract or purchase extra protection. You are also given the option to get this professionally packed, that was denied as well and unfortunately as with any moving company accidents happen, we did not rip-off anyone, We charged appropriately and everything else was completed. Again, Im sorry if you feel $15 was not enough but it was agreed on when signing your order for service when you chose which insurance you wanted.