Complaint Review: Ally Financial

• Updated: Wed, March 16, 2011

• Reported By: Michael — Wilmington Delaware United States of America
Ally Financial
Ally Automotive Financing, Minnesota United States of America

Ally Financial Formerly GMAC Financial Vanishing Auto Payments Not Applied Nearing the End of Loan Ally Automotive Financing, Minnesota

*Consumer Comment: Attorney general

*Consumer Comment: IT APPEARS THAT GMAC, WHICH WAS PART OF GENERAL MOTORS, WAS LINKED TO THE FEDERAL RESERVE.......

Ally Financial (FKA GMAC Financial) has repeatedly violated my rights as a consumer. As I am now nearing the end of a horrible six-year loan agreement with them for the purchase of a new car back in 2005, in an attempt to extort more money from me, Ally Financial is now refusing to apply my car payments properly to the current balance. My payment history reflects that I have made every required payment, yet every month Ally calls me claiming that I owe them money for the previous month after the payment has already been made.

My account information shows the due dates and payment dates for each cycle and even though the payment history proves that I am current, Ally insists on coding my account as past due. This began in earnest after I paid my balance down to around $3000.00. (Maybe they are experiencing separation anxiety, or worse for them, losing a cash cow).

I now owe Ally Financial less than $1600.00 and fully expect that even after I pay off the loan amount legally and successfully, Ally is going to "manufacture" a reason to require just a little bit more money before they are willing to release my title to me and note the account as being "Paid in Full!"

In addition to harassing me by phone, I recently received a nasty letter from Ally, demanding that I send them an unjustifiable payment within 4 days, or else they were going to right-off the entire balance of the loan and report it to the credit bureaus as a charge-off. This, after my making six years worth of payments to them. It is not my fault that they will not have access to my hard-earned money for much longer.

Meanwhile, I have fought back. I have filed a complaint with our State Attorney General's Office, our Banking Commissioner's Office and now calling them out here. Neither of those channels provided any assistance, but it was worth a try. Ally Financial is not a consumer-friendly organization and does not respect Fair Debt Collection rules. I don't care how cute they try to make their commercials appear.

I believe Ally Financial (FKA GMAC Financial) is greedy, predatory and dishonest. I am determined to avoid their ilk going forward.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/15/2011 05:54 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Ally-Financial/Ally-Automotive-Financing-Minnesota-55438/Ally-Financial-Formerly-GMAC-Financial-Vanishing-Auto-Payments-Not-Applied-Nearing-the-End-706470. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Ally Financial

Attorney general

AUTHOR: tigres - (USA)

when you send paperwork to AG office file in the state of the company....each address they have on file for them....and your state....they do help. You must give them copies of every payment you have made....print out online your payment history. I am going thru this now and pay your last payment with the payment before that one so they can't try and charge you interest or more money. Yes inconvenient for us but it works. Also check your credit report and send them the payment history to investigate if they say you are late.

AUTHOR: Karl - (USA)

according to information on the web.

If you 'Google' this- WHO OWNS THE FED?, and go to the site with the 5 charts, you'll see that General Motors appears in 'Chart 3'.

Now 'Google' this- WHO OWNS THE FED BANK, WHO CONTROLS WHO VIDEO, and watch that video on the web. (The charts being displayed in the beginning of that video are the same charts at the site above.)

It appears that the Federal Reserve is attempting to deceive and manipulate the American people, wouldn't you now agree?

Make sure to spread your Ripoff Report all over the web at sites like Twitter & Facebook!

Good luck to you!

P.S. Don't forget to stay at this site and type in all of the following and read the Ripoff Reports for valuable information-

FEDERAL RESERVE
GMAC
MORGAN STANLEY
JP MORGAN CHASE
GM
CHRYSLER
NBC
GENERAL ELECTRIC

***All of the companies above are linked to the Federal Reserve, according to those 5 charts, right?

"Knowledge is power."