Complaint Review: Ally Van Lines

• Updated: Thu, May 16, 2013

• Reported By: Frankie — South Carolina
Ally Van Lines
Florida Internet, Florida USA

Ally Van Lines Deceptive, Rip off, Higher prices, hidden contract not verbally warned Internet Florida

Heading into this move I was was told one thing and realized quickly it was a rip off. They tell you what you want to hear. I was quoted one price, given packing directions, and told that if I follow everything the price wouldn't go up. These people are pencil pushers and only talk on the phone, do not trust them. You will be given moves they hire, not you, and then those movers have their own contracts. Which contract to go by? No one seems to know. Ally Van Lines told me they don't have any hand in it once I gave them my money and they sent some other moves to move mystuff.

My move was quoted 2249.71, I did not exceed anything I told them I had, and followed their packing instructions to the T. Some other moves came in with their own contract and I put 30% down to Ally, then with no one telling me verbally I had to pay Half what I owed in Cash the day they showed up. No biggy right? I then should have only payed $609 when they arrived but no I owed $1300. [continued below]....

..... Stairs cost, extended walking cost (long carry), more weight costs, etc. Again called and it's "out of their hands" I have to now deal with this Moving company that I did not hire or have a say so in it.

Needless to say they show up finally, I come up with the money after they drop additional charged that were fraudulant, and 1 broken TV, Night stand legs broken off, numerous personal items broken, Couch Frame brok in half.

DO NOT USE THESE PEOPLE. I can't even claim my TV because I packed it myself, out of the verbal instructions from Ally. I wish I had listned to these posts when I found them.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/16/2013 07:26 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Ally-Van-Lines/Internet-Florida/Ally-Van-Lines-Deceptive-Rip-off-Higher-prices-hidden-contract-not-verbally-warned-In-1051358. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Ally Van Lines