Complaint Review: Alpha Card - Viridian Payment Solutions

• Submitted: Tue, November 10, 2009
  • Updated: Tue, November 10, 2009

• Reported By: Dr. Joseph Powell — Huntington Beach California United States of America
Alpha Card - Viridian Payment Solutions
80 E. Rio Salado Pkwy, Suite 701 Tempe, Arizona United States of America

Alpha Card - Viridian Payment Solutions Baited me with a lower discount rate to process credit cards, the without verbal disclosure nailed me with a 5 year lease at $80/month. Tempe, Arizona

Steve Hahn from Alpha Card Services offered me a lower discount rate for the processing of credit cards for my business. He never disclosed to me that in order to get this rate, I would be legally obligated to a 5 year lease at $80/month. All said and done, I am now paying even more for processing credit cards. The lease documentation was introduced in a long line of papers for me to sign. I should have evaluated the paperwork more carefully, however, I was reassured by Steve Hahn that there were no other charges aside from the reduced discount rate that I normally pay for credit card processing. I contacted the company to register my complaint. They were rude, and threatened legal action if I attempted to terminate the lease on the equipment. The equipment I am leasing is simply a credit card swiper and printer. After 5 years I will have paid about $4500 for a piece of equipment that I will never own, and is only worth about $400.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/10/2009 04:37 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Alpha-Card-Viridian-Payment-Solutions/Tempe-Arizona-85281/Alpha-Card-Viridian-Payment-Solutions-Baited-me-with-a-lower-discount-rate-to-process-c-522166. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Alpha Card - Viridian Payment Solutions