Complaint Review: Alpha Warranty Services

• Updated: Sat, April 12, 2014

• Reported By: Andrew — Jamul California
Alpha Warranty Services
P.O Box 593 Draper, Utah USA

Alpha Warranty Services i bought a warranty though a auto dealer for my truck and they said i purchased the worng warranty Draper Utah

*UPDATE Employee: Vehicle Had Modifications Which Caused The Failure- Full Refund Provided

I purchased a warranty though a auto dealer called Advantage Automotive Center when i bought my used truck and i in good faith thought it was the right warranty so my transmission went out in my truck last wesnday 5/8/2013 i took my truck to drew ford to have the repairs done the warranty company sent an investigator out to investigate the damages they told me they werent going to warranty it because it was lifted and had oversize tires on it. I bought the truck lifted and i also put a size smaller tires on it. Now i have to pay the ford company $602.00 for the work they already did.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/14/2013 10:12 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Alpha-Warranty-Services/Draper-Utah-84020/Alpha-Warranty-Services-i-bought-a-warranty-though-a-auto-dealer-for-my-truck-and-they-s-1050857. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Alpha Warranty Services

Vehicle Had Modifications Which Caused The Failure- Full Refund Provided

AUTHOR: Alpha Warranty Services, Inc - ()

Though this response is later than we’d like, we want to respond to this customer’s concern. As the customer stated, he purchased a vehicle service contract from us and filed a claim on May 8, 2013 related to a transmission problem.

As is customary, the Ford dealership tore the transmission down to the point of failure in order to understand the cause and extent of damage to the transmission and determine what needed to be replaced. It was determined not only by our claims adjuster but also by a third party inspector that the failure was caused by aftermarket modifications.

There were several modifications on the vehicle including suspension lift coil springs, front upper control arms, stabilizer shocks, wheels, tires and a K&N filter. The claim was denied because the third party inspector found that the “torque converter failed due to extra torque from modifications resulting with sub-damage to the clutches and band.”

The service contract in question specifically excludes failures due to modifications. In an effort to assist the customer, we did provide him with a full refund of the cost of the service contract that we received. We do our best to keep our customers happy and will always look for ways of helping where we can while following the terms and conditions of the service contract.