Complaint Review: Alpha Warranty Services

• Updated: Mon, January 14, 2013

• Reported By: Joshua — Wasilla Alaska United States of America
Alpha Warranty Services
PO Box 593 Internet United States of America

Alpha Warranty Services Rip off Artist / always finds ways to deny all claims, Internet

*UPDATE Employee: Need More Info To Address Your Concern

I bought a 98 dodge with an extended warranty. I got less than 100 miles and the transmission blew up on it. I got a tow to a shop. They created an estimate, and contacted Alpha Warranty services. They denied the claim due to a fine print clause that I did not meet the 1000 miles since purchase for the warranty to start. So I paid $2200 for a rebuilt transmission. I then drove it to Alaska 3600 miles with no issues.

18 months later my transmission locked up on my way to work. The shop took it apart and found that the forks inside the manual transmission were damaged. they suggested I change the clutch as well because it was getting worn (not worn out) and its better to change it at the same time (cheaper). They sent an estimate to the warranty company. ALPHA sent an adjuster out to look at the transmission. ALPHA denied the claim under some fine print I cant find in my contract claiming that on manual transmissions, if the clutch is needing to be replaced, that the transmission would not be paid for.

I understand them not paying for the clutch (a wearable part) but to deny a transmission because of it. If the clutch was the cause of the damage, maybe, but the mechanics claimed that the gears would have been worn and ground if that was the case, which it was not. The forks and their pads inside the transmission were what failed, and that was not caused by the clutch.  The Mechanics and management at the shop here have never heard of this kind of denial.

As a side note. I myself work for "CUMMINS", and the Technicians for Cummins all agree that the clutch would not have caused this damage. Our service Managers have never heard of a transmission being denied for this reason either. They are helping me get my info for a class action lawsuit against ALPHA warranty services. Alpha warranty is nothing more than a scam to get money and not pay out.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/13/2013 11:26 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Alpha-Warranty-Services/internet/Alpha-Warranty-Services-Rip-off-Artist-always-finds-ways-to-deny-all-claims-Internet-996376. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Alpha Warranty Services

Need More Info To Address Your Concern

AUTHOR: Alpha Warranty Services, Inc - ()

We are disappointed to hear that this customer is frustrated with their recent claim. Unfortunately we do not have enough information from this complaint to respond to their concerns. It appears that there is quite a bit of detail to their claim but we still couldn’t find their claim with the information provided. We would love to provide a more thorough review of their claim if we can be provided with additional information.

We encourage you to call in and express your concerns so we can review your claim in more detail. Contacting us directly is always the best way of resolving your concerns. Please call us so we can help you!

We regret their frustration but wish to point out that these complaints filed online amount to less than .001% of all service contracts that we provide. We have an A+ rating with the BBB and have been chosen as a top service contract provider by several companies.

depend