- Report: #1054437
Report - Rebuttal - Arbitrate
Complaint Review: Alpine Auto Recovery LLC
Alpine Auto Recovery LLC1900 S. Quince St., Ste. A, Denver, Colorado USA
Alpine Auto Recovery LLC , Donald 'Don' Heald, Jr. , Felicity/Office, Matt/Office, Matt Cooper/Driver Failed to follow guidelines and towed vehicle from legal parking area. Damaged vehicle during tow-refuses to submit insurance info. Denver Colorado
*Author of original report: Attorney General Complaint INSURANCE FRAUD
*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Reserved parking?
Alpine began towing for Woodhaven Apartments when new manager came on board, approx. 2 weeks ago. Woodhaven has very specific criteria to follow when towing vehicles, which the towing company completely ignored. We were in a legal parking space less than 2 hours (approx 4 pm)when towed with no warning. A MATT COOPER was the driver, we found out 8 days later.
I tracked down and called Alpine, getting someone named SEAN PERRY. He said that I had to wait until the night dispatcher showed up (after 11 pm). I was told this after several hours of back and forth calls between 5 pm and 9 pm 4/26/13. I was finally called at 11:15 pm, when the night dispatch refused to review anything and blamed the whole situation on the property manager, refusing to release my vehicle that evening, making me wait and getting an extra storage fee and depriving me of use of vehicle. [continued below]....
I came to pick up the vehicle and tried to discuss the initial towing issue with a MATT (refused to give name) at the office. He also blamed the property management company and told me I had to come by during regular working hours to resolve the issue. When I paid the fee to obtain my vehicle, I did a walk around inspection and found what turned out to be rather extensive damage, obviously from 'pulling,' on the right fender area. I immediately took photos and reported the damage to MATT. First thing he did was say everything is the responsibility of the driver, and that the company has no responsibility to us, the 'involuntary customer.' Then he acknowledged the damage looked fresh and different from collision, and suggested I get 3 estimates and bring them in during business hours.
When we went back on the following Monday (and left 2 estimates), Wednesday, and Friday, we were told that they could not contact the driver all week, that they had heard nothing about giving us a credit on the illegal tow, and basically stalled us. A FELICITY (office mgr) told us to come in on Saturday when MATT COOPER, the driver, was on duty and we would have all the information, including "time and date" stamped 'before" photos of the tow. Sure enough, when we showed up Saturday, 5/4/13, MATT told us he was just a 'payment taker' and knew nothing about anything (I could see my bids sitting on a back counter in the exact place they were place the previous Monday).
The Woodhaven property manager claimed she had spoken to the owner on Monday, 4/29/13, and that he reassured her he would take care of everything. She also asked me to keep her informed. When I told he Monday, 5/6/13, of how the staff was ignoring us, she called the owner a second time. On Tuesday, 5/6/13, I finally got a call from the driver, MATT COOPER, who immediately proceeded to deny everything. He completely ignored my questions regarding the tow. When I asked for his insurance documentation and the photos they claim disprove the damage,MATT COOPER promised to email the documents over today, 5/7/13. As of the end of today, over 24 hours later, we still have not received ANY documentation at all.
This final ignoring of legal and civil requirements and responsibility finally led me to file this complaint.
The property manager, in defense of Alpine, said it's OK to have a F rating with the BBB, because "that is the nature of the business." We proceeded to print out pages and pages of BBB listings of local towing companies with plenty of A and A- ratings to illustrate this ain't necessarily so! Touche!
Consumer's Desired Resolution:
Pay and fix all charges and damages--immediately. We have hired legal counsel and have turned the claim in to our insurance with the comittment to pursue full reimbursement, by subrogation if necessary. These people also need to pay me for my time being ignored.
05/07/2013 web BBB Case Received by BBB
05/09/2013 lori BBB Case Reviewed by BBB
05/09/2013 Otto EMAIL Send Acknowledgement to Consumer
05/09/2013 Otto EMAIL Notify Business of Dispute
05/13/2013 BBB MORE INFO RECEIVED FROM THE CONSUMER : Follow up to original complaint: I had to complain to the PUC to get a response from the driver, who was protected by Alpine staff. 10 days after incident I was contacted by the driver, MATT COOPER, who said he would provide his insurance info. He threatened me with "TIME STAMPED AND DATED" photographs that alledgedly were taken prior to the tow that show no damage (there is no indication of previous damage on the tow ticket diagram).
MATT COOPER was supposed to email me all the requested information on 4/7/2013. The information was never received by me. Alpine, on the other hand, approached the Woodhaven Apartment management with COPIES of the alleged pictures on 4/8/2013. The manager called me to review these photos but commented they were of such poor quality not much could be made out. The complex nor Alpine has taken responsibility
I have a serious problem with the way this is laying out:
1. Why is the towing company arrogantly refusing to submit insurance paperwork? Are they operating illegally?
2. Why would Alpine review and submit MY damage photos to the property manager, and not the victim (us) after repeated requests? Looks like Alpine is more concerned about protecting their cash cow towing contract at Woodhaven than addressing the wrong. The 'customer service' philosophy here is non existent, except for self preservation.
3. Lies and stalling do not stop: We were told to get three estimates of the damage, which was acknowledged as fresh by what appears to be extremely incompetent office and ownership staff. Upon submittal, constant runaround, to the point where we show up at the office several time to pick up promised photos and documentation, THEN the office staff starts running us off like we have no business there.
4. We are contesting the credit card charge held hostage by the unresponsive Alpine Towing, and will be attempting to recover not only our out of pocket and time costs, but we will pursue subrogation for State Farm in the event we proceed to court. Included in the collections costs and fees is our TIME taken away from other pursuits.
5. Despite BBB and PUC monitoring, it is amazing that companies and drivers like this are allowed to operate. There were crimes committed here; where are the cops when you need them? We have retained an attorney, and since the damage and collections and attorney fees already approach District Court levels, we will pursue punitive damages as well, and possibly a
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/28/2013 01:43 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Alpine-Auto-Recovery-LLC/Denver-Colorado-80231/Alpine-Auto-Recovery-LLC-Donald-Don-Heald-Jr-FelicityOffice-MattOffice-Matt-C-1054437. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report.
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
- Keep the name short & simple, and try different variations of the name.
- Do not include ".com", "S", "Inc.", "Corp", or "LLC" at the end of the Company name.
- Use only the first/main part of a name to get best results.
- Only search one name at a time if Company has many AKA's.
Advertisers above have met our
strict standards for business conduct.
- Business's (11)
- Lawyers and Law Firms (5312)
- Administrative Law (11)
- Admiralty & Maritime Law (27)
- Agricultural Law (2)
- Alternative Dispute Resolution (10)
- Antitrust & Trade Regulation (1)
- Appellate Practice (72)
- Aviation & Aerospace (11)
- Banking Law (90)
- Bankruptcy (380)
- Business Law (232)
- Civil Rights (55)
- Class Actions (30)
- Commercial Law (13)
- Communications Law (1)
- Constitutional Law (1)
- Construction Law (83)
- Contracts (7)
- Corporate Law (75)
- Criminal Law (668)
- Debtor & Creditor (51)
- Education Law (14)
- Elder Law (77)
- ElectionCampaign & Political (0)
- Eminent Domain (5)
- Employee Benefits (7)
- Energy (0)
- Entertainment & Sports (17)
- Environmental Law (43)
- Family Law (13)
- Finance (0)
- Government (14)
- Government Contracts (2)
- Health Care (1)
- Immigration (482)
- Indians & Native Populations (1)
- Insurance (90)
- Intellectual Property (526)
- International Law (33)
- International Trade (0)
- Internet Law (7)
- Investments (1)
- Labor & Employment (12)
- Legal Malpractice (92)
- Litigation (20)
- Media Law (1)
- Medical Malpractice (13)
- Mergers & Acquisitions (0)
- Military Law (5)
- Natural Resources (10)
- Occupational Safety & Health (0)
- Personal Injury (842)
- Products Liability (21)
- Professional Liability (0)
- Real Estate (361)
- Securities (169)
- Taxation (142)
- Technology & Science (0)
- Toxic Torts (0)
- Transportation (2)
- Trusts & Estates (368)
- White Collar Crime (1)
- Wills & Probate (7)
- Workers Compensation (242)
- Zoning, Planning & Land Use (10)
- Legal Services (32)
- Arbitrators/Mediators (7)
- Automotive Expert Witnesses (0)
- Bail Bonds (0)
- Court Reporters (1)
- Electronic Data Discovery (1)
- Expert Witnesses (1)
- Forensic Experts (1)
- Jury Selection (0)
- Legal Assistants (8)
- Legal Speakers (2)
- Litigation Support (2)
- Medical Expert Witnesses (1)
- Other (14)
- Paralegal (5)
- Private Investigators (6)
- Process Servers (7)
- Translators/Interpreters (0)
- Miscellaneous Business Services (19)