Complaint Review: Alpine Pest Control

• Updated: Wed, October 10, 2012

• Reported By: Deesh — Buffalo New York United States of America
Alpine Pest Control
5590 Highland Ave Niagara Falls, Ontario United States of America

Alpine Pest Control owner-Brian-last name unknown Charged us $180 to eliminate bees nesting in an exterior wall of our house, with a 6 month guarantee. Totally unsuccessful. Niagara Falls, Ontario

In early September 2012, after I contacted this company,  Alpine Pest Control, which advertises getting rid of bees in the Yellow Pages, the owner came to our summer cottage in Canada to exterminate bees living in our outer walls.  When he first saw them, he said he thought they were honey bees which he was not supposed to spray, but, without my asking him to do so, went ahead and sprayed.  I did not like the idea of killing honey bees, but at that point, had no idea what to do about the problem.   I then gave him a check for $180 and his receipt included a 6 month guarantee. The first spraying was totally useless.  After many attempts to reach him again, he finally called back saying his brother had died which was why he had been inaccessible.  He came again, sprayed again, and once more, the bees seemed only to increase.  He once more didn't answer or return my calls until I threatened to report him to the BBB and pursue the matter in small claims court.  He then called, supposedly from Florida, and said he would send a refund check.  This was approximately 9 days ago and no check has been received.  There are other complaints which have been lodged against him also.  At this point, I would just like my refund, although I doubt very much that this guy should be licensed.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/10/2012 03:03 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Alpine-Pest-Control/Niagara-Falls-Ontario-L2G-4W7/Alpine-Pest-Control-owner-Brian-last-name-unknown-Charged-us-180-to-eliminate-bees-nestin-953520. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Alpine Pest Control