Complaint Review: Alta-Tollhaus German Shepherdsd

• Updated: Mon, June 18, 2012

• Reported By: jughead — Ankeny Iowa United States of America
Alta-Tollhaus German Shepherdsd
Marshall, Michigan United States of America

Alta-Tollhaus German Shepherdsd 24kGSD Julie Mostosky Took My $500.00 deposit for a puppy and didn't fulfill her end of the agreement!! If looking for dog go elsewhere Marshall , Michigan

*Consumer Comment: One of the best GSD Breeders around!

I went to this breeder thinking this breeder would be a good choice for me. As fate would have it, I was very wrong. I deposited $500.00 with this lady name Julie Mostosky, the owner of the kennel and didn't get the dog. She did cash the check and took $500.00 to the bank. We waited and waited to get our puppy. She avoided our emails and phone calls. She was screening our calls, and would not reply. And after she did get ahold of us she would state she was having a crisis and that she would get back to us.

This lady broke a legally binding  contract with us, and didn't even card!!! If you are looking for a dog breeder, I would steer clear of this breeder. I was finally able to get ahold of her through a third person, and boy was she surprised. She wasn't able to screen my calls any longer. This lady is the worst person  I have ever dealt with.

STEER CLEAR OF THIS BREEDER IF AT ALL POSSIBLE!!!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/18/2012 04:15 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Alta-Tollhaus-German-Shepherdsd/Marshall-Michigan-/Alta-Tollhaus-German-Shepherdsd-24kGSD-Julie-Mostosky-Took-My-50000-deposit-for-a-puppy-899355. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Alta-Tollhaus German Shepherdsd

One of the best GSD Breeders around!

AUTHOR: stearnsbd - (USA)

I have been involved with GSD's for 35+ years... I now have my 11th and 12th GSD both from Alta-Tollhaus. I have visited breeders in Europe and around the US. We train, show and promote GSD's. Comparing breeder to breeder we look for knowlege of the SV rules, sucesses from their breedings, do they show, do they train for IPO and most importantly how they keep their GSD's. Are they in a mud floor kennel or do they have proper secure housing? Generaly, are breeding only for the income or do they want to benifit the breed and improve the bloodlines?

Alta-Tollhaus and Julie Richards is one of the best we have found. They socilize the puppies. They screen the puppies. They go the extra mile to assure a healthy and well adjusted outcome.

Julie Richards has a execllent knowlege of the breed and the SV/AKC requirements. Her breeding program is producing some of the finest dogs in the country... We know because the female out of Gavin that we purchase has now placed 3rd at the WUSV National Conformation Show in Dallas and is on her way up... with a bullet!!

The temperment and drive is just as she described in both our purchase.

Alta-Tollhaus gets our highest recommendation and you are welcome to contact me to discuss any question you may have.

(((email redacted)))