Complaint Review: Altcharge-com

• Reported By: Richard — Margaretville New York United States of America
Altcharge-com
7582 Las Vegas BLVD South, Suite 069 Las Vegas, Nevada United States of America

Altcharge-com Helps shady merchants defraud consumers Las Vegas, Nevada

I placed an online order with an overseas company, and paid using AltCharge. The company never delivered my order, never answered their "24/7" phone (I made more than a hundred calls), and never answered my emails.

I called AltCharge, and they claimed to have attempted to contact the merchant. When the merchant never replied to AltCharge, AltCharge said they would issue a refund, but they never did.

What they did apparently do was blacklist my phone number, because I was never able to get through again -- despite calling more than 50 times after they promised to issue the refund. What I think is that once you call with a complaint, they blackhole your number so you can never get through to a CSR again.

So I filed a complain with the BBB, which AltCharge responded to by saying, in essence, that it was between myself and the merchant. They also offered to request a refund from the merchant -- if I called the number that no one ever answers! I called about another dozen times, and then filed a complaint with the FTC.

My advice to anyone reading this is to NEVER, under any circumstances, deal with AltCharge. They are the processor of last resort for dirtbag merchants that no reputable processor wants to deal with, and they're just as scummy as those merchants. If you pay using AltCharge, and the merchant doesn't deliver, AltCharge will NOT help you get your money back.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/22/2012 08:25 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Altcharge-com/Las-Vegas-Nevada-89123/Altcharge-com-Helps-shady-merchants-defraud-consumers-Las-Vegas-Nevada-958561. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Altcharge-com