Complaint Review: Alvin Bates Jr. Allstate Insurance Agency

• Updated: Sun, March 29, 2015

• Reported By: Loyal Customer — Bloomfield Hills Michigan USA
Alvin Bates Jr. Allstate Insurance Agency
30600 Telegraph Road, Suite 2160 Bingham Farms, Michigan USA

Alvin Bates Jr. Allstate Insurance Agency Beware of "Bate" and switch tactics.... Bingham Farms Michigan

Beware of his "Bate" and switch tactics.  I was an Allstate customer for 7 years.  I always paid my bills on time and never had a claim.  I moved to another area and wanted an agent closer to where I live.  Immediately after switching to the Alvin Bates Jr. Agency my rates went way up.  I called and asked why but Alvin couldn't provide a logical explanation.  Therefore I cancelled my policy.  I got a bill in the mail for the higher rates.  I never agreed to pay the higher costs and why I cancelled my service.  Anyway I paid what I would have and explained why I was paying short.  Then after I recieved a bill from a collection agency.  I will be fighting this because it's just not right.  You can't bully customers into paying more money just because you want to charge them more.  This is a classic case of reverse discrimination.  I just wanted to share my experience so other potential customers don't fall in the the "Bate" and switch trap!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/29/2015 09:45 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Alvin-Bates-Jr-Allstate-Insurance-Agency/Bingham-Farms-Michigan-48025/Alvin-Bates-Jr-Allstate-Insurance-Agency-Beware-of-Bate-and-switch-tactics-Bingham-1218957. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Alvin Bates Jr. Allstate Insurance Agency