Complaint Review: Always First Driving Academy

• Updated: Mon, April 01, 2013

• Reported By: Lori — Henryville Indiana
Always First Driving Academy
639 Eastern Boulevard, Suite A-1 Clarksville, Indiana United States of America

Always First Driving Academy No Upfront and Misrepresenting Facts Clarksville, Indiana

We signed my daughter up for their driving instruction, which would allow her to get her learner's permit and receive her license on April 21st, 2013.

Shortly after signing up, I phoned and asked them about the timing of things, when she would need to complete her online courses, take the tests, etc. I was informed she had a full year and there was no hurry that she could take the lessons at any time.

In the early fall of 2012, they phoned and wanted to set up driving lessons. I inquired as to whether there was a female instructor available and never heard back from them on that question or to line up the lessons again.

In December, I phoned to find out what was going on and was told that she would now have to complete all of her online courses before she would be assigned to lessons. This was the first I'd heard of this, but they said that the "laws" had changed and this was the new rule. At that time or at any other time, did they ever
say that there was a waiting list for the lessons or that she should finish up so she could get the lessons in before it was time to get her license.

When she finished her lessons in late January, I phoned to find out when she could take her driving lessons and was informed at that time that she needed to mail in a completion certificate, which we did right away.

I had to phone again in early February (at no time in this process did they take the initiative to phone me). I asked when she could have her lessons and this is when they informed me that it would be a three month wait. At this time, I inquired about a refund, and was informed absolutely no refunds or partial refunds.

I explained that this was a hardship to my family for her to not drive when she was supposed to due to our work schedules, etc. and wed not been informed of this and we could be flexible with times if they had an opening. They acted like they were going to bump her up on the list and that she could do the lessons over her spring break, etc. However, no one ever phoned again.

On 4/1/2013, I phoned them again and the woman said it would be three months, period and gave me a start date that was after the date I'd mailed in the certificate.

So, I asked if she understood why I was dissatisfied with their services.  She told me that maybe my daughter should have finished the course sooner. I reminded her that multiple times shed told me that my daughter had a full year and there was no hurry and I had not been informed there was a wait.  She said, She does have a year. I laughed and said, "But now she is out of time because of your waiting list."

She then tried to tell me that we were informed of the three month wait when signing up, which we were not. Also, according to our conversation back in February, they were backed up because of the law change she spoke of and everyone having to finish up lessons before being scheduled. I have no idea if any of this is accurate or not. However, the woman's words definitely contradicted themselves.

There is a serious disconnect with this receptionist and the facts she offers consumers. On top of that, if they do not have enough driving instructors to meet the needs of the students, then they should put a cap on the number of students they take on or hire additional instructors rather than taking money and not fulfilling their end of the contract. I am extremely dissatisfied and at this point I am unsure if she will ever get the chance to take these driving lessons. Why would I pay for drivers education if it will take as long to get her license as it would have had she not had drivers education? I feel as though theyve scammed me out of $475 and their customer service is lacking and the receptionist quite condescending and unfriendly.

I would like my daughter's driving lessons scheduled and completed by April 21st when she would be eligible to receive her license or there was no point in her having taken driver's ed and me having paid $475 for it so that a receptionist could give out conflicting information and act condescendingly toward myself and my husband. I'm extremely dissatisfied and will NEVER recommend this company.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/01/2013 11:18 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Always-First-Driving-Academy/Clarksville-Indiana-47129/Always-First-Driving-Academy-No-Upfront-and-Misrepresenting-Facts-Clarksville-Indiana-1039721. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Always First Driving Academy