Complaint Review: Always Helping People/FNT, /Kevin Palmgren

• Submitted: Tue, March 04, 2008
  • Updated: Tue, December 11, 2012

• Reported By:Mohegan Lake New York
Always Helping People/FNT, /Kevin Palmgren
P.O. Box 897 Prosper, Texas U.S.A.

Always Helping People/FNT, /Kevin Palmgren Took $110 of my money for magazine subscriptions that never happened. Kevin Palmgren Did This In Mohegan Lake, New York Texas

*REBUTTAL Individual responds: mr palmgrens rebuttal

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: I'm sorry you think that

*Consumer Comment: Amanda D wrote me too!

*Consumer Comment: Amanda D wrote me too!

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Its not always the Agent

On December 5, 2007, a young man came to our front door selling magazine subscriptions - claimed he was a college student earning awards for school trips. Said his name was Kevin Palmgren. Represented himself as doing this through an organization called, "Always Helping People" and requested we make our check out to FNT, Inc. We spent $110.

We called the magazines we subscribed to and they have no record of our subscriptions. We cannot find a phone number for Always Helping People and no listing or information at all for FNT, Inc.

Mr. Palmgren cashed our check for $100 - (he requested $10 in cash for "ease of processing") paid from our bank account to Washington Mutual Bank - account number 492-220821-3. Wrote his name on the front of the check and put the number 121738.

I don't believe we will ever see our money again but I would love to see this guy put in jail for fraud.

I don't know if Always Helping People or FNT, Inc. exist. If they do, they cannot be found and/or contacted.

Bano
Mohegan Lake, New York

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/04/2008 08:41 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Always-Helping-PeopleFNT-Kevin-Palmgren/Prosper-Texas-75078/Always-Helping-PeopleFNT-Kevin-Palmgren-Took-110-of-my-money-for-magazine-subscription-314514. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Always Helping People/FNT, /Kevin Palmgren

#1 REBUTTAL Individual responds

mr palmgrens rebuttal

AUTHOR: mrpalmgren - (United States of America)

So after a few years I found this report online which can possibly damage my reputation so I decided to try to set the record straight. The truth is, I was misled and taken advantage of.as much as anyone else. I was hired and sold magazines like a lot if young people do and then I realized that my boss wasn't sending magazines. Though they do send some, they don't send them all and therefore, when I turned your check over to my boss, he or "font inc" cashed it, not me.
It's really unfortunate that you tried to help me by buying magazines and you never got them. I wish you did. I was just the kid they dropped off in your neighborhood that day.
I'm not sure how you could do anything about this because I believe they use random abbreviations and dissolve the "company", which amounts to a married couple and a few cars of kids with " managers" splitting the money. They really prey on young kids and even physically attack some of them. I was lucky enough to hate my role in it and mostly walked around college campuses hanging out with locals. After too many" I've been ripped off before" stories, I left. I was abandoned at greyhound in Baltimore at 3am with no money or a chance to tell my friend Amanda who also commented.
The truth is, door to door sales are usually a scam and I apologize but ddint know at the time what was happening. Some of the others would keep the cash for themselves even. The boss pushed us to ask for as much cash as possible on every "order" to avoid processing costs but most likely just to avoid any paper trail to his company.
Again, I apologize,
Kevin Palmgren

#2 UPDATE EX-employee responds

I'm sorry you think that

AUTHOR: Amanda D - (U.S.A.)

I'm a real person, sitting at home right now. Worked for them for 7 months...High Day is 13 High week is 47. Was a car handler, watched many friends go home.

Life out there isn't always easy, and if you had to do it you wouldn't talk about someone the way you just did. But thats your choice.

I wish people weren't getting scammed, its sad and horrible. But the company has great lawyers (not for there agents, for themselves) , there a LIMITED LIABILITY COMPANY, do you know what that means. ITS THE AGENTS FAULT, so the only thing people can do is STOP BUYING FROM KIDS DOOR TO DOOR.

Amanda D wrote me too!

AUTHOR: Cheryl - (U.S.A.)

Amanda wrote me, claiming to be a helpless victim from the employee point of view. Claiming she had become pregnant on the road and FNT or AHP had tried to force her into an abortion. She writes another guy from a whole different line of defense. Wellll,,,,,,which one is it? I think most of these employees are decoys, just to make us think someone cares. I do think this company needs more official attention, they are scamming all over US and have been doing so for several years. At what point does it become illegal, we know they are in Prosper or Frisco TX somewhere,,,send out the big guns to find them and bring them to justice. I don't even care if I see my money, I want them to stop scamming. Please take note of many discrepancies in their rebuttals. Something doesn't seem right here, and NO ONE is doing ANYTHING to stop them. WHY???? Cheryl

Amanda D wrote me too!

AUTHOR: Cheryl - (U.S.A.)

#5 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Its not always the Agent

AUTHOR: Amanda D - (U.S.A.)

I was with this company for 7 months, and I knew Kevin P. very well, in fact he was one of my best friends.

First off you need to see it from our point of view, we were on the road because A) Our home lives aren't great B) Its so easy C) We really want to win this "trip". But we weren't out there to scam people, especially if its a check written out to a company.

The company is the one scamming you! Its why he left and its why I left. I still talk to Kevin, and he regrets doing it, as do I. The owners of the company drive in really nice cars and just bought a brand new home.

We usually made $20 a day minimum (Thats usually for a bad agent), but I remember a time when I had my quota and only made 11 dollars, after working all day in norther New York in 30 degree weather.

I'm sorry you got scammed but you need to direct it to the company, especially if you wrote a check.
Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC