Complaint Review: Am Press Associates, Mags R Us

• Submitted: Sat, February 04, 2006
  • Updated: Sat, February 04, 2006

• Reported By:Port Charlotte Florida
Am Press Associates, Mags R Us
P.O. Box 226860 Miami, Florida U.S.A.

Am Press Associates Mags R Us ripoff, Girl came to door and gave me a price for Nascar Illustrated for 25 dollars and on the receipt it says I have to pay another $25 to receive it and she did not disclose this to me. Plus she gave me a bogus phone number. I don't know if I should cancel by mail. They say you can cancel in 3 days, but it doesn't say I will get my money back.On my copy it says No verbal agreement recognized. Miami Florida

Yesterday a girl came to my door. Talked me into ordering a nascar illustrated magazine as a present for my Father. I had a migraine and I told her I could not see and she would have to read the paper to me. She asked for 37.50 and I told her I did not have that. And she said well I can do it for $25, so I did that. She gave me no time to get my glasses and read the receipt. She was out of here real fast.

Now the receipt says I owe another $25 and to send within 2-10 days. I don't think I will be doing that. I am going to send a cancellation letter today and hope I get my money back although I don't have much faith after what I have read in the computer. But it was a total scam. I am going to try though.

The number she gave me for a phone # had too many numbers and my brother got ahold of them by dropping a number off the one she gave me and they said you have to cancel by mail. I want to get my money back. If you can help me in anyway, I would so appreciate it. But to all the rest of you folks... don't buy from them. It is a rip off. I will let you know what happens and hopefully we will get our revenge through a lawsuit and bad publicity.

Ella
Port Charlotte, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/04/2006 11:24 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Am-Press-Associates-Mags-R-Us/Miami-Florida-331721-8666673436/Am-Press-Associates-Mags-R-Us-ripoff-Girl-came-to-door-and-gave-me-a-price-for-Nascar-Ill-174737. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Am Press Associates, Mags R Us