Complaint Review: AmOne

• Submitted: Thu, September 25, 2008
  • Updated: Wed, January 27, 2016

• Reported By:Corpus Christi Texas
AmOne
12270 SW 3rd St. Suite 400 Ft. Lauderdale, Florida U.S.A.

AmOne- America One Funding Scam selling Credit Funding-Fraudulent "Counseling" Ft. Lauderdale Florida

*Author of original report: AmOne Update

I called AmOne in hopes of getting a consolidation loan to get out of high-interest credit cards. Thinking I would apply, I called them only to discover that they only "consult" and tell YOU how to do it. This consulting would be at a cost of 299.00 upfront but David Tyburski (AmOne)was so confident that I would get the loan I needed and that people like me get loans of this nature through AmOne all the time ,of course with their help. They give names of banks and what to "ask" for-----this was something I already knew. Everything they did was speak with me over the phone. I then had to call/contact banks on my own and apply for the loans--they did not do this. This was a real rip-off because I even asked them if, with the economy being the way it is right now, could I even get a loan? OH, he said of course-not a problem. He said I could speak with their loan consultant and get "more information" as soon as I paid the 299. I was hoping for something better and actually getting help with my loan. Everything they offerred was what I already knew, no special help whatsoever. I will be calling them to demand a refund...I will post results. But for now, don't be pulled into that scam. Everything was a crock of S***. Lori H. Corpus Christi, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/25/2008 10:03 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/AmOne/Ft-Lauderdale-Florida-33325/AmOne-America-One-Funding-Scam-selling-Credit-Funding-Fraudulent-Counseling-Ft-Lauderd-375927. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on AmOne

AmOne Update

AUTHOR: Lori H. - (U.S.A.)

I immediately called AmOne back to demand a refund. At first, they faught me on it and said it was too late but I was not going to back down because I truly felt mislead and taken advantage of. Especially the first person that you speak with to get your payment first, saying things like of course we can get you approved, your credit is great, you won't have any problems but yet refusing to let you speak with an advisor to see how their "program" actually works until you've paid. I went back and forth with my "loan specialist" about how little to nothing they helped with. For 299.00, I should be getting info and help with something I don't know already.

In the end, I didn't get anywhere with her and asked for a manager or someone who could give me a refund because I was not going to accept it. Finally, I got an email that evening from someone in management saying they would credit me the fee. This manner of operation is very misleading and my recommendation for them would be to not charge a fee to begin their "service" but rather charge after their client was successful in indeed securing an actual loan---especially if they are so confident, which they say they are, that you will get a loan with them. Until then, client beware and don't enroll with these people.