• Report: #197352

• Submitted: Tue, June 20, 2006
  • Updated: Tue, June 20, 2006

• Reported By:El Cajon California
Amana Assure Maytag Dependibility Plus
650 Missouri Ave Jeffersonville, Indiana U.S.A.

Amana Assure Maytag Dependibility Plus I purchased an extended contract on my Maytag Dryer. There has been no dryer for five months and now they deny the claim. ripoff Jeffersonville Indiana

On January 23, 2006, I had my first repair service for my Amana dryer. At the time many parts were ordered. I was told I was to be contacted within a month. After a month I did not hear from the Maytag service people. So I called back. Although the parts supposedly had been ordered (and I have the slip to verify this) the parts somehow did not get ordered. So they reordered.

In February another service techician arrived and more parts were ordered since the original parts had not all come in. Again, I was told they would contact me to schedule a service call. Then time passed and I was in the month of March. I called again and was told that some of the parts would be arriving soon.

In April I was contacted that the parts were in. A technician was scheduled to fix my dryer and my microwave. My microwave was fixed. My dryer was not. Again, there were no parts but this time the parts had been stolen from the truck the night before. This was the first time I had heard this one.

On May 10, 2006, I again had a service technician. This time the technician ordered new parts and told me he would contact me on Monday about the parts. I was not contacted and when I called to inquire what had happened to the parts, I was told that the claim was being denied due to customer abuse of this product. The technician had fabricated a story and based on his report, I was denied the repair or reimbursement for this product after five months of attempting to fix this dryer. I cannot believe this nightmare has happened.

The last technician told me that if he could not get the parts he would go to Sears and buy a new dryer after Assure had reimburse me. What an incredible incompent organization.

I feel totally defrauded by this company. Amana Assure is a nightmare to contact. You keep hearing over and over again, for English press one, for Spanish press two and for French press three. Why press at all when they take your money and deny your claim?

Maryann
El Cajon, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/20/2006 05:18 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Amana-Assure-Maytag-Dependibility-Plus/Jeffersonville-Indiana-47130/Amana-Assure-Maytag-Dependibility-Plus-I-purchased-an-extended-contract-on-my-Maytag-Dryer-197352. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Amana Assure Maytag Dependibility Plus