Complaint Review: Amana Refrigerator

• Submitted: Tue, October 11, 2011
  • Updated: Tue, October 11, 2011

• Reported By: Tom — Akron Ohio United States of America
Amana Refrigerator
553 Benson Road Benton Harbor, MI. 49022 Benton Harbor,, Michigan United States of America

Amana Refrigerator Whirlpool Appliance Purchased my Amana bottom frezzer refigertor from HHgregg in Akron, Ohio Within 6 months my ice maker broke down 3 times. They at HHGregg told me it had to fail 4 times before they would do anything. Benton Harbor,, Michigan

My Amana refrigerator Lemon and I mean Lemon. I purchased this nice new white side-by-side with frezzer on the bottom. I came with an automatic ice maker & water dispenser inside the door. It is suppose to make 12 cubes of ice in each cycle. Its suppose to have 6 cycles per day. So it should make 72 cubes per day. A little after 6 months the ice maker starts to stop making ice. They told at the store where I purchased my defective product. They tell me that I have to manually turn on or off the bar that controls the ice maker. I thought that this is why I purchased an automatic ice maker so it would make my ice and shut down when it's through doing so. I had this ice maker serviced 6 times before I called the people whom came out and serviced the ice maker and told them to exchange this unit. They where going to give me all my money back so I could by another unit but upgraded model from their store. But when they refused to move any furniture in my home which I and my wife are totally disabled. I told them to come back later when I could get some friends to move the two pieces of furniture so they could delivery my upgraded refrigerator.

Since I was first on their delivery they informed us we should of know that they don't move anyones furniture when they deliver. Thats odd because when my first refeigerator came the guys said they would move the two pieces of furniture with no problem. Since the could not wait or come back later that day to delivery my new refrigertor I also had to remove all my food and other items into several coolers. They told me that they would not be back that day and I said Ok I will cancell this order and you can repay me back since I paid off the refrigerator before the 12 months. I will not or have not purchased another item from HHgregg.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/11/2011 06:58 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Amana-Refrigerator/Benton-Harbor-Michigan-449022/Amana-Refrigerator-Whirlpool-Appliance-Purchased-my-Amana-bottom-frezzer-refigertor-from-H-787650. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Amana Refrigerator