Complaint Review: Amanda Howard Properties

• Updated: Tue, July 30, 2013

• Reported By: Another Amanda Howard's victims — Huntsville Alabama
Amanda Howard Properties
900 Merchants Walk SW, Huntsville, AL 35801 Huntsville, Alabama USA

Amanda Howard Properties Amanda Howard properties withheld $500.00 of my deposit for absolutely no reason. I couldn't believe they actually made up a lie that the kitchen floor was damaged. $500.00 worth! Nothing was wrong with the kitchen floor when we moved out. I had witnesses, movers, family and neighbors that saw inside after everything was moved out. I have had nothing but trouble from Amanda Howard since I moved in. I moved out of that house after my 1 year lease and thankfully away from Amanda Howard Properties for good. I moved out after only 1 year. I have several Email conversations where I sent them a two page list of things that were damaged/not maintained upon moving in to this rental property. And, I was paying $1,500 a month for this lease. No one inspected the place when I moved in, so, I made an inspection and listed all the damages and Emailed to Amanda Howard personnel.. I had a bad feeling about this rental agency, now I am confirmed. Stay away. They like cheating hard-working honest people. Huntsville Alabama

I rented a home for 1 year with Amanda Howard Properties.  I rented it via onliine.  I moved into thiis rental home paying $1,500 deposit and a month's rent of $1,500 to Amanda Howard.   And, after I realized how bad the house was maintained and the lack of concern and response from the property management company, I was afraid I had made a bad choice.

Well, I only leased for a year.  And, as I was afraid would happen Amanda Howard Properties only gave me part of my deposit back.  I am actually surprised they didn't just keep it all.   But, they made up some lie that the kitchen floor was damaged ($500.00 damage).   Odd, I had movers, family, neighbors and friends with me when moving out and nothing was damaged.

In addition:

Upon moving into this property no inspection was made for me.  So,  I wrote everything down (approx 2 pages) of broken/non-functioning/dirty/yard-debris items/unsafe items.  I Emailed Amanda Howard Properties personnel my findings.  I was suspicious that maybe I would have problems with this property management company upon moving out.

I am a home-owner, and own several commercial properties.  My husband and I were in the middle of relocating and looking to purchase a home in Hunstville, AL.   I respect personal property and also as a small business owner, I would not go to the trouble of causing problems to small companies without a real obvious problem that needs to be reported to the public.

I am definately not the first to complain about this problem about Amanda Howard Properties, but, this is so sad to take people's hard-earned money illegally,

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/30/2013 06:17 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Amanda-Howard-Properties/Huntsville-Alabama-35801/Amanda-Howard-Properties-Amanda-Howard-properties-withheld-50000-of-my-deposit-for-abso-1071528. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Amanda Howard Properties