Complaint Review: Amanda Simons

• Updated: Fri, January 11, 2013

• Reported By: Heather — La Porte Indiana United States of America
Amanda Simons
6789 57th Ave n. Nashville, Tennessee United States of America

Amanda Simons Mellisa Madison She offered to buy an item on Craigslist and offered more than I was asking. She told me that she would give me 50$ extra to take the item off of Craigslist. She sent me a fraudulent check for 2550 Nashville , Tennessee

*Consumer Comment: Classic Check Fraud Scam

Mellisa Madison offered to by a stove that I had listed on Craigslist. She told me that she would pay an extra 50.00 if I took it off of Craigslist right away. She then said that she would send me a certified check for 2550. 650 was for the stove and I was supposed to wire the remaining 1900 to Amanda Simons in Nashville Tennessee for shipping. I took the "certified check" to my bank and asked them to check it out. They discovered that the check was fraudulent... Real bank/ fake account. I contacted mellisa Madison and let her know that I was going to the police.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/11/2013 03:30 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Amanda-Simons/Nashville-Tennessee-/Amanda-Simons-Mellisa-Madison-She-offered-to-buy-an-item-on-Craigslist-and-offered-more-th-995319. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Amanda Simons

Classic Check Fraud Scam

AUTHOR: Anonymous Consumer Advocate1 - (USA)

Overpay with a counterfeit check . This is a classic West African check fraud scam . Don't ever wire transfer or western union someone with excess funds from a check . Google check fraud scams or view the forums at scamwarners.