Complaint Review: Amanda Simons

• Reported By: Melody — Cheektowaga New York United States of America
Amanda Simons
6789 57th Ave North Internet United States of America

Amanda Simons Ana, Jamal Attempted Craiglist fraud Tennessee, Internet

I was contacted through email about an post I put on craigslist for a stove I was selling.  Amanda Simons, aka Ana or Jamal emailed me that they wanted to buy from me.  I was sent and email that I would get a payment sent FED EX for my stove. I was told I would get instructions on how they planned on picking it up.  I was asked for my address, and cell number.  I received a text message anourt a half before FED Ex ground made its delivery from this number216-282-7695 telling me my check would delivered shortly.  When I opened it there was a check inside for over $1800.00 for item that was posted for $400.00.  I was asked to deposit the check and send a moneygram to Amanda Simons, 6789 57th Ave North TN 37209.  When I called the number that sent me the text I was forwarded through google voice to a voicemail for Jamal.  I filed a police report. I contacted FED Ex fraud deprtment, and contacted Wells fargo Bank the fake certifited check was drawn from.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/02/2013 02:27 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Amanda-Simons/internet/Amanda-Simons-Ana-Jamal-Attempted-Craiglist-fraud-Tennessee-Internet-1007891. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Amanda Simons