Complaint Review: Amanda Yorck Shaklee distributor

• Updated: Fri, August 16, 2013

• Reported By: trace — Hudson New York
Amanda Yorck Shaklee distributor
Hudson NY Hudson, New York USA

Amanda Yorck Shaklee distributor products DO NOT WORK are NOT FDA APPROVED waste of my MONEY Hudson New York

*General Comment: Your complaint about the Shaklee 180.

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Statements without substantiation

Bought the Shaklee 180 turnaround kit from AMANDA YORCK a "director" for the Shaklee company.  This was several months ago and I feel I was scammed.  The products didnt do anything for me.  I don't feel different or healthy or energetic.  I don't feel any skinnier.

Here is what I bought:

-SHAKLEE 180 ENER.TEA POM.         1
        -SHAKLEE 180 M. BOOST, 90          1
                                                            ----------
        89280 TOTAL >>                                         269.95

That was the start.  I spent months dumping money into trying to be skinnier.

With that much money I couold have bought a nice gym membership for a whole year! I was told these products are fda approved.  Well after they didn't do anything even though i work out alot i went on that shaklee website and see a disclaimer at the bottom that says THESE STATEMENTS ARE NOT EVALUATED BY THE FDA.  My fault i guess for buying something from someone who pushes product for some dumb puramid scheme.

Shaklee says to get anything done I have to go through my sponsor and business leader.  Come on people.  these days are we calling any desperate housewife who throws a tupperware party a "business leader"??

BUYER BEWARE if you want to be healthy eat veggies and exercise.  Amanda get a real job stop robbing people of there money.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/16/2013 04:27 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Amanda-Yorck-Shaklee-distributor/Hudson-New-York-12534/Amanda-Yorck-Shaklee-distributor-products-DO-NOT-WORK-are-NOT-FDA-APPROVED-waste-of-my-MO-1076520. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Amanda Yorck Shaklee distributor

#1 General Comment

Your complaint about the Shaklee 180.

AUTHOR: Sandra - ()

I cannot say I am employed by Shaklee..I am an independent contractor.  I have been in Shaklee since September 1970, almost 45 years.

Shaklee has a clear return policy and guarantee...you are satisfied with the products or you get your money back.

The FDA NEVER approves any supplements.  Shaklee would never claim that they have approval.  On the contrary, that statement about it not being approved is supposed to be on every company's literature if they make a claim.  That is the law, not some way of hiding that we are not approved.

I would suggest that you not give weight management advice since you haven't managed your own weight.

If Amanda didn't honor that, you simply contact Shaklee corp, headquarter in Pleasanton, CA and let them know she didn't honor your request.  You do not have to have a reason, but it sounds to me as though you may not have been following the program as laid out.  Doesn't matter, you are entitled to get your money back.

It would have been wiser to state that the Shaklee 180 program didn't work for you without making a blanket statement about it.  It has worked amazingly well for thousands of people.  The successes way out number the failures, which almost 100% are because of non compliance.

In the past 45 years,  not one of the Shaklee products has ever let me down.  They work!  I would encourage you to contact Shaklee and get this resolved.

Sincerely,

A long time successful Shaklee user and business builder.

#2 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Statements without substantiation

AUTHOR: freedomloving - ()

It is funny that people make general statekements and don't put in the specifics.

Like this: I tried Shaklee very religously and took the products (once a day) or (twice a day) and ate only one / two meals a day for thirty days.

At the beginning, I was 300 pounds and at the end of the month I was 290 pounds and didn't see much difference, which would be understandable. Or, I was 150 and only lost 10 pounds in the month after using the products every single day.

The problems when people make statements about what they did or didn't do, without a log or record to record the facts, it is so easy to make claims that are possibly skewed.

Not saying it was in this case but the 180 is 180 for a reason, it takes a fair amount of time to handle a person who has gotten into the FAT TRAP.  If they are undisciplined in the first place, until they put in the discipline nothing will work - until they get the right attitude.

The only thing I thought questionable about the program was the price of the tea.

I have used Shaklee products for 22 years to this point and really like them, am not enough overweight that it disturbs me and can't think of a more honorable company.  Also, Shaklee never makes the statement that the products are FDA approved.  That is a misunderstanding on the statement above.