Complaint Review: Amazon Kindle

• Submitted: Mon, June 16, 2014
  • Updated: Mon, June 16, 2014

• Reported By: Elizabeth — Indianapolis Indiana

Amazon Kindle, Amazon Kindle HD lemon Internet

We got two Kindle HD for our daughters for Christmas 2013.  One has worked fine with no problems.  The other I have called in to Amazon twice regarding it freezing and have had to hard start it.  I asked about sending it back and was told that it was fine and it happens sometimes.

While traveling on vacation the Kindle gets weird lines and is no longer usable.  I called Amazon when we returned and was told they would send me out a new one.  What came in the mail was a refurbished one not a new one as I was told.  I talked to the service representative who told me it was just like new.  I told him that you can buy them cheaper and it was not new unlike the one that I bought that no longer works.  He then told me I did not have to pay for anything and they were doing me a favor so I would not have to wait until mine was fixed.  I was not given that option.  They again told me that since it was over 30 days they could give me whatever they wanted or a new option 80% of my purchased price.  I again stated mine was brand new and 6 months old.

Customer service sent me the warranty they DO have the option of sending a NEW one, they DO have the option of giving me 100% of my money back.  Amazon choosed the cheaper option for them and then expects me to send my NEW ONE THAT DOES NOT WORK back to them so they can REFURBISH it and sell it for a profit or use it for some other person for a warranty claim.

What a ripoff!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/16/2014 11:50 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Amazon-Kindle/internet/Amazon-Kindle-Amazon-Kindle-HD-lemon-Internet-1155173. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Amazon Kindle