Complaint Review: Amazon Marketplace

• Updated: Wed, December 23, 2009

• Reported By: Anonymous — Detroit Michigan USA
Amazon Marketplace
www.amazon.com Internet United States of America

Amazon Marketplace Amazon.com Amazon canceled my order and re-listed the item because they weren't happy with the price they sold it for. Internet

*Consumer Comment: Please

* : Huh? You did WHAT?

* : Whatever

* : Whatever

* : Whatever shall I do?

* : Wrong

* : I agree...

* : Blame the seller, not Amazon Marketplace

I bought a PS3 slim off of Amazon Marketplace for $230 only to have the seller cancel my order the next day. The reason the e-mail listed was because the seller could not ship it to my address. I just bought something a week ago from Amazon and the seller had no problem shipping to my address. The real reason was because the seller did not like the price he sold it for so he canceled my payment and re-listed the item for $299. I called Amazon and they said because it was a Marketplace sale the only thing they could do was give me a $10 rebate. The problem is, because I thought I bought a PS3 Slim, I sold my original PS3 and now I have no PS3 at all. So now the seller gets to sell their item and gets no negative feedback or anything. It makes no sense that someone is able to sell an item and then cancel the sale because they aren't happy with the price they sold it for. I will no longer be doing any business with Amazon.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/14/2009 12:27 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Amazon-Marketplace/internet/Amazon-Marketplace-Amazoncom-Amazon-canceled-my-order-and-re-listed-the-item-because-they-494412. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Amazon Marketplace

Please

AUTHOR: B Miller - (United States of America)

You were not ripped off, you made an irrational decision based on an assumption.  You sold your PS3 so you got paid for that, and you got your money back for the ps3 that wasn't sold to you.  Yes the seller is a dipshit for doing what he did assuming that is what actually happened and you're not assuming anything.  But you're out your PS3 because you choose to sell it assuming that you just got a new PS3 for $70 less than retail, you should have waited to receive the new ps3 first, then sold the old one.

Face it, you're really upset because you sold your old PS3 and probably don't feel you got enough for it since this seller didn't follow through.  The seller gets dinged on his cancellation rate and if he makes a habbit of this, his account will be suspended, but for one cancellation, no it should not be suspended.

With the money you made from your old ps3 and the money you got back from amazon, you should have enough to buy a new ps3 retail.

#2

Huh? You did WHAT?

AUTHOR: Adolph - (U.S.A.)

After reading your report, one can only assume you got more than $230. for the one you sold? So now you're pi$$ed that you can't make money on the two overall transactions?  Ripped off? I don't think so. Just a failed attempt at profitability.

#3

Whatever

AUTHOR: Anonymous - (USA)

This might not be a huge deal in the scheme of things but it is a problem for me and I feel like I was ripped off. This is a rough economy where every dollar counts, that's exactly why I can't afford a new PS3.

#4

Whatever

AUTHOR: Anonymous - (USA)

Right this is a rough economy where every dollar counts, that's exactly why I can't afford a new PS3.

#5

Whatever shall I do?

AUTHOR: Inspector - (U.S.A.)

In this present economy, people are losing their homes and some are not eating.  I must work more hours so I can pay taxes and support those that are eating.  God forbid they should lose their PS3!

#6

Wrong

AUTHOR: Anonymous - (USA)

I do have a problem with the seller and I tried to take it up with him but he won't respond to any of my emails. I lost a PS3 out of this, I sold mine because I didn't think I would have this problem. They should either ban his account or at the very least allow me to leave negative feedback. Is it right that someone can sell something and then cancel the order just because they aren't happy with the price they sold it for, should Amazon let that type of behavior go on?

#7

I agree...

AUTHOR: Edgeman - (U.S.A.)

The seller canceled the order, not Amazon. I assume that you got your money back and it looks like Amazon offered you $10 as a goodwill gesture. They didn't have to do that. Just go buy a PS3 slim from another seller or Amazon themselves.

Amazon did not rip this person off.

#8

Blame the seller, not Amazon Marketplace

AUTHOR: Wilson - (U.S.A.)

Why do you have Amazon Marketplace in the title of your report?

Your report states the problem is with the seller and not with Amazon?

Amazon is just the eBay or a flea market. If Amazon did not sell you the item, then you should not say anything bad about Amazon.