Complaint Review: Amazon Payments

• Updated: Tue, March 04, 2014

• Reported By: Panto — Columbus Mississippi
Amazon Payments
Internet USA

Amazon Payments Extreme and Bizarre Hostility, Failure to Interact, Disallowed Access to My Own Information MS Internet

I set up a project on Kickstarter. They told me I had to use Amazon Payments.

So I did so, giving Amazon what they required: my address, phone number, SSN, bank account number, credit card information, DOB and whatever other information they requested. They said I needed to verify my bank account by reporting a couple of credits to my account, credits of .15 and .22 cents. I did so. I received a message saying that my account was verified.

Then I received a message from Kickstarter saying that Amazon had yet to "verify" my information. I responded that I had already verified all the necessary information with Amazon.

This person from Kickstarter also asked me to respond to them if I needed any additional help in communicating with Amazon. This person (from Kickstarter) also gave me a link (via email) that I could use to check my incoming messages in the message box on Amazon. I checked the link, did an exhaustive search and found no such message inbox. I told both the Kickstarter rep this as well as Amazon.

I sent a message to Amazon via webform (which had a limit on the number of characters you could send, which is completely counterproductive when it comes to explaining what issues need to be explained), explaining the situation, and asking what the holdup was, and what exactly they needed verifying. I received an email a short time later, in my actual email inbox, that Amazon was restricting my account. Furthermore, the Amazon email said, I still needed to "verify" my account. I sent an email back to Amazon asking them to explain what exactly it was they meant by verify, what information that they wanted that I haven't given them that they needed.

I received another email from Amazon that said that the need for verification may be due to me not communicating with the requested information. I wrote back and stated (via webform again, and through email) that I absolutely tried to communicate with Amazon about what the hold up was, and that furthermore I was exceedingly forthcoming with whatever information they wanted and more than forthcoming about communicating with them and offering whatever help they wanted, and that furthermore, Amazon wass the one that has refused to communicate.

I then signed into my Amazon account in order to remove my personal information, my bank and credit card information, etc. I found that I was unable to access the account settings in order to do this. I then sent another message to Amazon (via webform) that they were hereby directed to erase all of my information from their files and records, including (but not limited to) my name address, bank account information, credit card information, etc. I also said that failure to do so would result "in an appropriate legal response."

This is disgusting. That a company could be so robotic, uncommunicative, bizarre, practice extremely bad customer service, all of this tells me that they are a company that is hostile and malicious, and definitely untrustworthy.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/04/2014 01:43 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Amazon-Payments/internet/Amazon-Payments-Extreme-and-Bizarre-Hostility-Failure-to-Interact-Disallowed-Access-to-1128238. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Amazon Payments