Complaint Review: Amazon - Polaroid - Prima Worldwide Warranty

• Submitted: Tue, November 28, 2006
  • Updated: Tue, January 02, 2007

• Reported By:Bellevue Washington
Amazon - Polaroid - Prima Worldwide Warranty
1265 Main Street - Bldg. W3 Waltham, Massachusetts U.S.A.

Amazon - Polaroid, And Prima Worldwide Warranty Warranty Service No Replacement, Fix, or Refund ripoff Waltham Massachusetts

*Author of original report: Agreed

*Consumer Suggestion: Great Advice!

*Author of original report: Amazon has agreed to take back the TV and issue a refund

So i purchased this TV from Amazon and when I receive it, it has black horizontal lines across the top of the TV. I contacted Amazon about replacement but they dont replace TVs over 27 inches. So I call the manufacter's warranty handled by Prima? I receive no response after two weeks of trying.

So I called Amazon and they gave me a direct number to Polaroid who did not seem interested in helping me either but finally state they will contact a service provider in my area. After a month I finally have a service provider come to my house. He looks at the TV and says, yeah its broken and I doubt replacing the circuit board will help but we have to do that first. He states it will take 7-10 business days to get the part and come back and replace the board.

Two weeks later I receive a call from the service provider who says nobody at Polaroid or Prima will return his calls or allow him to order the circuit board. He says to wait a couple days while he tries to resolve the issue. A week later I call him and he has still received no response from either Polaroid or Prima.

So I call Polaroid again and explain all of the above. I ask for a replacement or a refund. They say they wont do that but will recontact their warranty folks. So two months I have had a broken TV from Amazon and nobody will take care of it. I strongly suggest you not buy a TV over 27 inches from Amazon and definitely not purchase a TV from Polaroid. What a nightmare. :(

David
Bellevue, Washington

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/28/2006 01:15 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Amazon-Polaroid-Prima-Worldwide-Warranty/Waltham-Massachusetts-02451/Amazon-Polaroid-And-Prima-Worldwide-Warranty-Warranty-Service-No-Replacement-Fix-or-R-222655. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Amazon - Polaroid - Prima Worldwide Warranty

Agreed

AUTHOR: David - (U.S.A.)

Yeah Amazon issued a full refund. Polaroid called me last week asking me if my issue with their TV had been resolved. I laughed. I told them that they had serious issues and I would never buy a product from them again.

I bought a new Sony LCD HDTV from a local retailer and it works great.

My advice to folks would be to spend a little extra and buy from a local store for any advanced technology such as TVs and computers. Too many things can go wrong with these items and its a lot easier to take it back.

#2 Consumer Suggestion

Great Advice!

AUTHOR: Brandy - (U.S.A.)

Please keep me updated on this one. I have a friend who purchased a HDTV Television from Amazon as I am not sure of the brand. He took it out of the box and it worked for two hours and the picture went out on it. He has been trying to get a refund forever because at first they said that they wouldn't and then they said that they would return it and finally said that he would need to send a 100.00 bucks in... as I don't get that one.

Anyway I highly recommend going to the store to pick up a TV because you just cannot trust the online marketplace. You can actually compare prices for which ever tv you want and then just see which is the cheapest and pick one up in the store. I also notice that Amazon's TV's seem to be a lot higher than other online shopping websites. I have been comparing a lot of TV's lately because I am deciding to go High Def also and want to get a good price for certain brand. I have been reading the ratings for a Samsung HDTV television in which has a 5 star rating and have did a price search today and found that Amazon was the the 2nd highest price for that TV. It was exactly 969.00 at one website at the lowest price online and 1,499 at Amazon and that is a huge differance. It is always best to read a round for a few months before deciding to take a leap of faith and buy.

I have been comparing prices daily and have heard the many horror stories from Amazon as well and would not shop there. I mean I love Amazon for Dvd's and buy dvd's, etc frequently, and that is where Amazon's high ratings are because they have a lower customer service in the big ticket item like Televisions and Computers. We will all have to go High Def anyway because around October of 2007, most maufactures will stop making Analog TV's and we will have to chunk up some change to buy an HDTV Telivsion.

Anyway when you get your refund back for this item it would be best to rather go and do some price checks in your electronic stores for a good TV or to view and compare ratings for online stores, not just the rating for the product but for the company in which you are buying from also. Amazon's Customer Service Ratings are only at 3 stars as some online electronic stores have lower prices and higher Customer Service of at least a 4-5 star rating.

Amazon has agreed to take back the TV and issue a refund

AUTHOR: David - (U.S.A.)

Amazon emailed and stated they would take the TV back and issue me a refund. Thank god as I thought I was screwed after reading other horror stories about Polaroid customer service.