Complaint Review: Amazon Research

• Submitted: Sat, March 30, 2013
  • Updated: Sun, March 31, 2013

• Reported By: Jenn — Sarasota Florida
Amazon Research
1111 Marcus Avenue, Suite MZ Lake Success, NY 1104 MZ, New York United States of America

Amazon Research I received a letter in the mail from a so called Company named Amazon Research, they said they were looking for secret shoppers who want to work and make easy money. well they sent me a check of $1,24 MZ, New York

*Consumer Comment: Move forward

I got a letter in the mail from Amazon Research and said they were looking for secret shoppers who want to work and get paid $200 a week to start per job then go up as high as $600 a week! I got instruction to deposit the check into my bank and then when I get the money to call them back with what to do. Well I did and the check they have me was for $1,240 and I was to take out $960 and go to a Walmart put it on a green dot card and call them back any tell them how the service was. And to show proof I went I have them the numbers to the card of the green dot! They said I could keep the rest of the money. And told me I would be contacted the following week with another job. Well a couple of says later I was on my way to work and stopped to buy something from a gas station and they said my bank card declined! My account got froze and now I owe the bank all that $1,240 bucks for that bad check! My life is screwed! My account got closed! I'm stuck with this and don't know what to do. I tried to call the cops and my bank and tell them what happen! I been a victim of a scam and no one helps me. My life is ruined. I'm 27 years old with a full time job and a little girl to feed and I'm a single mom. I only get paid 8 bucks an hours. And now I owe alot of money I don't have. What can I do! Please help,me. I just hope I can save someone from going threw what I went threw!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/30/2013 08:15 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Amazon-Research/MZ-New-York-11042/Amazon-Research-I-received-a-letter-in-the-mail-from-a-so-called-Company-named-Amazon-Res-1039393. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Amazon Research

Move forward

AUTHOR: TWSM - ()

The best advice I can give you is to move forward with your life.
Go to the bank and ask to see the manager.  Explain you were scammed and that you want to rebuild your life and your credit.  Bring some pay stubs or your income tax return to show what you are making a week and who your dependents are.  Try to work out a payment plan you can afford, every paycheck they deduct a certain amount.  Get it in writing so that you don't deposit a check and they just take the whole amount!  See if you can get more hours at work, or a part time job that you and your girl can do together (like babysit someone else's child once a week).  It is going to hurt, and what the scammers did was criminal, but now this is the way out.  Your life is NOT ruined, you can work thru this.

In the future come to RipOff Report BEFORE you do something that is too good to be true!
Good luck.