Complaint Review: Amazon Seller Account

• Submitted: Thu, February 26, 2009
  • Updated: Tue, November 16, 2010

• Reported By:new york New York
Amazon Seller Account
1200 12th Ave. Seattle, Washington U.S.A.

Amazon Seller Account Repeatedly withheld my income , then disabled my seller account then permanently suspended me for life without proof of anything, then withheld my income for additional 90 days! Seattle Washington

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: No Rule

*General Comment: AMAZON LAWSUIT

*Consumer Suggestion: sorry to hear about this.

I signed up for an Amazon Seller Account after being a customer for about 10 years. After signing up and starting to sell, I was informed any proceeds would take 14 days to be disbursed to me. This was problematic, since I had invested quite a bit in inventory already, but I continued, expecting the windfall would eventually come.

I sold quite a bit because I kept my profit margin low. Due to the tremendous amount of sales ($4K in 5 days), they said I could continue selling, but I would not receive disbursement for 45 days. Counting on the disbursement actually coming one day I borrowed $3K from my Dad, promising to repay in full within 2 months.

Then, without warning, when I reached $6K in sales, they suspended all sales activity, telling me I was in "violation" because my feedback wasn't commensurate with my sales volume (I was only a Seller for a week! People didni't have a chance to receive their product, evaluate it and post feedback!)

I waited patiently another week, until finally, my account was reactivated. I sold for another two days, spent thousands on inventory, and again, without warning, received a notice I was suspended for life! This because I "MAY" be selling copies of software. With NO recourse and NO chance EVER to sell on Amazon again! I asked for a chance to show documented PROOF that I did NOT tolerate selling copies of software, but they did not permit anything, saying the decision was made & permanent.

I have 100% 5-star positive feedback from my customers and several of them asked about copied software, I always told them I did NOT allow it and if they were not satisfied, they could ALWAYS return it for a full refund, including shipping and return shipping. I cannot imagine what more I could have done to be fair and honest.

This company has NO morals and is possibly acting outside of the law. An allegation is not cause for conviction and sentencing. They probably did not like that I had a small profit margin and could outsell their higher priced products. I dealt with suppliers and regulated their activity. One item was questionable as to authenticity,, I refunded it immediately and cut off my business with he supplier. Other than this, there was NO incident.

Now, they say they are holding my funds for an additional 90 days from the date of the termination. I am broke, in debt and "out of work" (this was my sole business, instead of complaining about the economy or going on welfare of assistance of any kind).

Old fashioned honesty
new york, New York

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/26/2009 01:32 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Amazon-Seller-Account/Seattle-Washington-98144-2734/Amazon-Seller-Account-Repeatedly-withheld-my-income-then-disabled-my-seller-account-then-428600. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Amazon Seller Account

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

No Rule

AUTHOR: Bad Amazon - (United States of America)

I had same problem, Amzon keep my investment for their profit.I just found better place to deal with , you can go to (((Redacted))) and sell your stuffs.

#2 General Comment

AUTHOR: Al - (United States of America)

Our lawsuit against Amazon is still pending in federal court -

The trial is scheduled for June and we are fully committed to seeing this case through and to holding Amazon accountable for its fraudulent business practices.  Many of you have already agreed to testify at our trial, and we appreciate your willingness to take a stand against Amazon!  Amazon must not be allowed to pocket ill-gotten profits!!!

In addition to taking a stand in court, you can participate and make a real difference by filing complaints with the Better Business Bureau, by writing letters to Amazons executives, and by posting your stories online (e.g., YouTube, MySpace, etc.). Together we can force Amazon to be an honest company.

You will NOT be contacted by Amazons counsel directly, but may be contacted through us prior to the trial.

Please email alby1969_98@yahoo.com if you have any questions about this case, wish to testify at trial, or just want to share your stories.  Also, if you intend to testify at our trial, please provide us with your full names and contact information.  Be genuine!

Thank You and Good Luck!

#3 Consumer Suggestion

sorry to hear about this.

AUTHOR: Borninohio - (U.S.A.)

sorry to hear about your situation with amazon.

Maybe you should find a attorney or lawyer that would be able to give you some free legal advice on what to do to get your money back quicker from amazon.

Amazon is such a huge company that they don't care about the sellers on their site.

Hopefully Amazon will get your funds you have coming to you very soon.

keep us updated on the results.