Complaint Review: Amazon kindle

• Reported By: Laura — Poughkeepsie New York
Amazon kindle
Internet USA

Amazon kindle Amazon kindle ripoff after warrenty expires Internet

*Author of original report: Issues ??

*General Comment: NOT!!!

*Author of original report: amazon kindle

*Consumer Comment: Not ripped off

Amazon kindle ripped me off ! I bought a kindle key board, it failed after a couple of months, called amazon kindle. they tried for hours to help on phone - then told me to send it in, they replaced it due to manufactor defect. they sent a new one. Then just out of warrenty, it failed again in the same manner.  Then My sisters failed as well. I called them and went through the help process again, but then was told sorry you are out of warrenty. But we can offer a discount if you want to PURCHASE a new one. I wrote to the bbb, and they claim the bussiness made a fair offer ? I told them - why would I buy another and have the same thing happen. After spending a lot of money on this device, and books, I am out of luck. They refuse to do the right thing for both my sister and I .  I am angry that this company can do this type of consumer rip off and get away with it ! Come on a small discount to buy another ? What about all the books I bought as well ? DO NOT BUY from this company. They take your money and say oh well, your loss is our gain. Between my sister and I we lost a lot of money on the defected devices, and they are still ripping people off with thier newer device, with out worrying about the products that fail. You call and get a ring around the rosey game, and cold attitudes. and offers to spend even more money on thier junk ! THEY REALL RIPPED ME OFF !!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/22/2014 04:47 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Amazon-kindle/internet/Amazon-kindle-Amazon-kindle-ripoff-after-warrenty-expires-Internet-1171547. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Amazon kindle

Issues ??

AUTHOR: Laura - ()

Excuse me ! Is there something wrong here ? I think you are confused here. I feel I have been ripped off, and filed it here. I did not say I was some one special, I am no better than any one else. Just because you disagree with my report, doesn't mean you can degrade MY opinion. call me names and etc. . This shows everyone how you portray your self. If anyone else finds they have no problems with thier devices -- then fine. But I had a problem - ( and it happend twice ), along with my sister as well,she had the same problem. But I do not respond in the manners I have seen, to any ones complaint. I show respect, and to the company service reps as well. I was not rude to any one. I thought this site was here to let people know if there are problems with what ever, they can file it here. If I feel I have been ripped off - then I have every right to put it here - period. End of story. I will not debate or degrade any ones opinion. You are entitled to yours and I am entitled to mine. If one person has an issue, at least it is written here so they can see they are not alone. So I don't know why you are going off the deep end here, but like I said if you have no problems - then what is the big deal ? If this problem upsets you that much hmmmm........?

#2 General Comment

NOT!!!

AUTHOR: Tyg - ()

Sorry but its NOT a ripoff. YOUR product failed and it was out of warrenty and THAT IS ALL!!! I find it AMAZING that self entitled dipwads LIKE YOU expect the BUSINESS to just give YOU a new product. THEN you claim that its a "Known defect" yet in my own search I have only found ONE known defect and thats the power port going out because the consumer uses the device while its charging. Sounds to me that YOU are just a SCAMMER looking to get something for nothing. Ok we get it. YOUR device failed. Big whoop. It happens. YOU used it until it failed. YOU were the ONLY party who is responsible for the item BECAUSE YOU USED IT!!!!

To expect them to give YOU your way JUST because YOU THINK there is a defect, is childish and immature. Are you SURE youre an adult?? I would expect this type of behaviour from say a TWEEN or PRETWEEN. One would THINK that YOU as an adult would have the BASIC COMMON SENSE that has allowed our species to survive.

amazon kindle

AUTHOR: Laura - ()

I am so glad that you are a fan, how ever when it happens to you , and it will, you will understand. Yes - the warrenty ran out, but what is your answer to the first issue when they admitted the defect ? Then to have it defect again in the same manner, right after the expiration  ( happens all the time ? ) ? No- they knew there were issues and notified not one consumer about it. At least other companies e-mail or snail mail a notifaction of the time warrenty is expiring as well. I like I said am happy you are content, and when - not if -  it happens to you, and after a lot of money invested in your device crashes, you will get the whole scope of decievement from this company - as at first I as well thought highly of amazon kindle. But the coldness of customer relations  makes me upset. I know there are many of us out there that this has happened to. The best I can do is fore warn of thiis problem, and if I can save just one person - than It is worth my time & loss. Remember nothing is free in this world - but to pay through the nose for something they knew would fail esp. right after warrenty expires - no -  it is not right ! 2 wrongs never make a right. Good luck .

Not ripped off

AUTHOR: ramjet - ()

We have several Kindles of various types and love them, so do millions of other people.

Your Kindle was out of warranty and you knew, or should have known what the warranty was before you bought it. Do you really think they should extend everyones warranty to whatever the customer thinks it should be or maybe you think they should just extend yours because your case is 'special'. Remeber, most companies don't even offer a discount once the warranty runs out.  At least Amazon offers that.

Please don't even try the old tired "you must work for the company if you disagree with me" crap.  I don't and never did.

Not a ripoff!