Complaint Review: Amazon

• Updated: Tue, January 08, 2013

• Reported By: Dee — Ruckersville Virginia United States of America
Amazon
1600 Worldwide Blvd Hebron, Kentucky United States of America

Amazon Warehouse Deals, Inc. Refusal to Correct Wrong Item Sent Hebron, Kentucky

After waiting an inordinate amount of time, then receiving the incorrect (and damaged) item from Amazon, I called to arrange to have the item picked up and replaced.  Keep in mind that the incorrect item sent weighed approximately 80 lbs. - something I was unable to transport myself.  This item had to be transported to my home and I hired someone to assemble it, only to arrive to find the incorrect item sitting in my home.  Amazon refused to have it picked up at my house, so I have to return this monstrosity to my office.  When I asked when I would receive the correct order, I was told that since this was sent by a 3rd party, I would have to re-order.  Further, I was told that the price at which I originally ordered the item was no longer available and Amazon refused to give me a replacement at the original price.  Upon doing some checking, Amazon indeed owns Warehouse Deals, Inc. and could and should have corrected this.  It's a very poor and unprofessional way to do business and it is quite unlikely that I will order from Amazon again.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/08/2013 02:48 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Amazon/Hebron-Kentucky-41048/Amazon-Warehouse-Deals-Inc-Refusal-to-Correct-Wrong-Item-Sent-Hebron-Kentucky-993464. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Amazon