Complaint Review: Amazon

• Updated: Wed, November 06, 2013

• Reported By: judy lennon — blythewood South Carolina
Amazon
, Select State/Province USA

Amazon Selling "Chop Shop" faulty returned products as new. Hoover Steam vac! MEDIA PLEASE CALL! south carolina

I am so upset. I have trusted Amazon and their reviews and products for a year or so. The last 2 items I purchased as new. One was a Dirt Devil Vacuume but the was a Hoover Steam Vac. They were not new, I confirmed today after 5 wool rugs and a house full of carpets and padding were saturated in the nasty dirty water that was recycled back over them that the products were "Chop Shop" reconstructed, faulty, deffective returns pieced together and sold as new. My home is a disaster! After trouble shooting and rereading directions and trying to get the smell and water and dirt, I noticed some parts were new and some on the main body of the Vac were scratched and older but painted and buffed to look new. I then found the problem the dirty water tank was being used instead of clean. I noticed all this after I spent 4 hours doing my carpets that my house smelled and my carpets were saturated. I confirmed the parts were used. I also noticed that the ratings and some of the feedback on  this item looked fraudulent! I called customer service explained and asked how they could sell trusting consumers "chopped up" electronics and appliances as defective and new!! They said that they would exchange that one for a new one. A new hoover. I was appauled. I explained my damages. They did nothing! They offered a 25$ credit. MEDIA PLEASE HELP!! PEOPLE PLEASE REPORT AMAZON IF YOU HAVE THESE ISSUES! This is WRONG! I am really upset that I trusted this company! I intend on letting as many consumers know and the media needs to address this!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/06/2013 06:07 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Amazon/Select-StateProvince/Amazon-Selling-Chop-Shop-faulty-returned-products-as-new-Hoover-Steam-vac-MEDIA-PLEAS-1097512. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Amazon