Complaint Review: Amazon

• Submitted: Tue, November 22, 2011
  • Updated: Tue, November 22, 2011

• Reported By: John — Harveys Lake Pennsylvania United States of America
Amazon

Amazon Amazon Prime Deceptive Practice In Regard to Prime Shipping Membership Internet

I believe the Amazon Prime shipping membership is misleading and deceptive. Unknowlingly, and surprisingly, my wife and I each joined the Amazon Prime membership, and were subsequently charged an annual fee without realizing the fee had been applied. The annual membership fee "was" and "is" $79.

I believe there are many Amazon customers who have more than likely signed up for the Amazon Prime membership without fully understanding that they were signing up for it, and without understanding that the yearly membership was $79. I do not recall ever agreeing to the membership, yet, I have been charged several times for it without realizing that this charge was occurring.

Additionally, the charges were placed on a credit card from my account, which was "apparently" a different card from when I "apparently" signed up for this bogus membership. The original card that was used for the membership had not processed correctly upon my "apparent" renewal so Amazon simply charged the next card on file.

My wife and I are both well-educated people. She happened to "realize" she had signed up for the Amazon Prime membership too. She requested a refund. She also does not recall ever "signing up for" or "joining" the membership. She nor I understood what "Prime" was until we researched it further.

I believe Amazon has deceived it's customers, and continues doing so, into an agreement that their customers do not fully understand. This practice and membership is a rip off.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/22/2011 08:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Amazon/internet/Amazon-Amazon-Prime-Deceptive-Practice-In-Regard-to-Prime-Shipping-Membership-Internet-800714. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Amazon